Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 Lightning with 03 engine going in je pistons with custom rings stock lower end hv oil pump, comp stage 2 cams and valve springs, ported and polished heads, stock blower with 2.76 upper and 10lbs lower prob in the 21-24psi range accufab tb and jlt cai and 90mm maf, jlp full stainless type r exhaust, 1000cc injectors with aeromotive rails and twin 250lpr pumps and and soon to come custom tune on 93. What do you guys thing it will make for hp and torque roughly at the wheels too its my first lightning build?

·
The Asshole from Mass
297 Posts
Stock con rods?

If so that's a bad recipe with that much boost..

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
That boost is not happening with that blower. ..like it's been said you better get those stock rods out of there.

·
Registered
329 Posts
You go from "what oil" to use to Hey i'm building a bullet proof engine what numbers do I expect...:smt101
There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum. It "seems" as though you are trying to impress people with all of these different upgrades...:potstirring The better question would be.. How do I build a bullet proof short block and what oils are you running? Just my .02..... The fact that you didn't mention the connecting rods shows that you have not really done your homework.. Admittedly, I too am a newb tot he Lightnings.. Just picked mine up a couple of months ago and even I know the rods are the Achilles heel of these Modular Engines.
Good luck w your build.... To answer your question, Motorcraft Synthetic 5/20:bigtu

·
worlds fastest MP lightning
1,578 Posts
My friend the advice I gave you about what oil to use means nothing if you don't take the advice that 1QKTRK gave you, he is 100% on target, if I were you i would listen to him, good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts