Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
The 2093 hasnt came out yet.....🤣
Kidding aside, the tailgate is steal and the rear fenders( bedsides?) Are fiberglass i think. The inner part of the bed is steal also. The front fenders are stamped steal and so are the door skins/cab. Someone can correct me if im wrong.👍

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,485 Posts
The rear fenders aren't fiberglass. But they are some kind of strange composite material. Began with a G. More plastic than fiberglass. Lee Proctor told me once, I'll text him and ask. He's a body and paint guy, so he knows.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 2093 hasnt came out yet.....🤣
Kidding aside, the tailgate is steal and the rear fenders( bedsides?) Are fiberglass i think. The inner part of the bed is steal also. The front fenders are stamped steal and so are the door skins/cab. Someone can correct me if im wrong.👍
Lol
And I don’t even drink !!!
yes seems this is correct tailgate metal
Rear fenders some plastic fiberglass like material
I’m considering repainting and always worried different materials match the same
My truck has been in garage all life just considering another color
Thanks

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,485 Posts
Kenny Proctor says they're SMC. Whatever that is. Can't even google it.

Found it.

Sheet molding compound (SMC) is a high-strength composite material comprising primarily a thermosetting resin, filler(s), and fiber reinforcement. Thermosetting resin is typically based on unsaturated polyester, vinyl ester, phenolic, or a modified vinyl urethane.

Reactions: Leeproctor83

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is what I found:
What is SMC made of?

SMC is both a process and reinforced composite material. This is manufactured by dispersing long strands (usually >1”) of chopped fiber, commonly glass fibers or carbon fibers on a bath of thermoset resin (typically polyester resin, vinyl ester resin or epoxy resin).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is what I found:
What is SMC made of?

SMC is both a process and reinforced composite material. This is manufactured by dispersing long strands (usually >1”) of chopped fiber, commonly glass fibers or carbon fibers on a bath of thermoset resin (typically polyester resin, vinyl ester resin or epoxy resin).
Your the best
Thanks for this

1 - 9 of 9 Posts