Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much do you think I can get for my truck?? It's an 04 with 8000 miles. This isn't a for sale post, but I just wanna get an idea. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
SlowSVT95 said:
How much do you think I can get for my truck?? It's an 04 with 8000 miles. This isn't a for sale post, but I just wanna get an idea. Thanks.
I saw a black '04 w/6000 miles at a local stealership going for 29k...

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
SlowSVT95 said:
How much do you think I can get for my truck??  It's an 04 with 8000 miles.  This isn't a for sale post, but I just wanna get an idea.  Thanks. 
I would take over the payments in exchange for you hand in .......
OK maybe more than your Hand :LOL
:smt057 :smt058 :smt060

Re: What do you think??
I think your frigging crazy (#$%(#%#)$&%#)($%#)$%#)(%$&#)(%%

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not the payments I can't afford.  I make my own payments and pay whenever I want.  I'm getting tired of filling it up with gas one day, and the next day I already used a 1/4 of the tank... I'm spending over $200 a month for gas to drive this thing, and that's sad considering lately I haven't even been going out much... so that's just from driving it to work and back.  Starting this summer I'll be spending probably double that amount because I am gonna be going back to school.  I'm getting really frustrated already.... 

You'll probably see some of my stuff up for sale soon... including a Moroso trans pan (new in box), line lock kit (new in box), and maybe my welds. 

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
you can play with your tune a little. worked mine
once till I got 14MPG as ROB would say WOOHOO
I too have been looking at getting a hoopty to drive
around during the week but the L's staying.
I would ride the bus before I sold my Lightning. :ughlaugh:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I look at my truck as a toy.
You can try to make a commuter out of it but even if you get 16 mpg it is not pratical.
If you can only afford one vehicle for long daily commutes this is not a great pick.
Hate to see you sell it but sometimes you have to do the smart thing.
When you get out of school and are making the big bucks find another toy to race and have fun with.
Yes we had 2 minivans while my kids were growing up. (Aaaaaarrrrgggg)
Sometimes you need to bite the bullet now to enjoy things later.
Best of luck with your choice, :D

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I live near Philly and '03 Lightnings are listing for 29.9k. Guess you have to consider the total cost to own and run the truck versus another vehicle. Payments, gas and insurance being the primary cost items - if you eliminate the mods.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
LA

That sucks, but I do understand. :cry:
No matter what, you will always be my L Sister, and better stay on line here.
:smt055

You know you could just do what I do, live in a shack, owe over 20K at all times on the CC,
and say F the gas. In 10 years I'll sell the shack, move up into the mountains, and eat cat food in a trailer thats all. It'll be a slow death, but I'll have lots of great memories.....

BTW
I'll take your Line Lock and prob the Rims + Tires

·
Registered
734 Posts
LA, even with all my mods I average 15 mpg on my truck. When it's runing I drive it 152 miles daily.

You can have Jim make you an economy program and keep your foot out of it.

Or you could always marry Rob?

I threw that in for you Rob cuz I need that line lock kit.

Peace,

Suavy

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Leann,
Let me know about the slick's and rim's. I was planning on buying some bogart's and slick's but my wife wrecked her car and I don't have the money to buy them now. E-mail me at [email protected] if you decide.
Bryan

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Wo wo wo
I was suppose to buy those rims before LA did
She sent me a link to the ad and asked my opinion
My answer was simple, If you dont buy them I WILL

Suavy I dont know how you do it, I get @ 9mpg [smilie=eek4.gif]

LA, you could just disconnect the SC Belt and drive it around like that you know
it takes all of 1 minute to take the belt off and on, and I'm sure it would make the diff of night and day in MPG. You could have Jim give you a non S/C economy tune, and then when you want to have fun, you simply put the belt on, and click a switch, WAM 12 sec L.......

OR MARRY ME and I'll let you have the Mitsi-whatever it is (Thanks Suavy, good looking out)
If she goes for it, you can have the Line Lock :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't say I was selling my stuff yet.. but if I do I know Rob has first dibs on my welds, because he did want them before I even bought them. I started selling some non-L related stuff first... We'll see what happens.

·
George\/
3,421 Posts
i feel your pain on having to sell some stuff off. i am starting to sell off a bunch of my old mustang stuff that i thought i might use again but now i cant afford to keep it, and i am running out of room

·
Registered
541 Posts
I know the feeling. I'm trying to get my L ready for the track and I'm running out of things to sell.
I already sold my car :shock: I never thought I'd do that...and my CCs are getting worse.
I'm working alot of OT to try and "catch up".

I'd say anywhere from 25-28K for your L.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
734 Posts
We need to start a support group.

"Hi my name is Jeronimo and I am a mod aholic!"

Suavy :LOL

·
Registered
541 Posts
"HI Jeronimo" -says the group

"Hi my name is Bryan and modding is a problem for me" :LOL
"I haven't modded in a couple of days".

-Group claps [smilie=laugh.gif]

·
George\/
3,421 Posts
hi jeronimo, hi bryan
welcome to the group
i am mike and i am also a mod aholic. its been 5 days since i spent a significant amount on my truck [smilie=eek4.gif]

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm Russell and i spent my daughters dowry for my mods.

I eat at mcdonalds because i buy the high octaine

I live in a hovel so the queen has a garage.

Just kidding so i tell myself.

Russell 04 lightning

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'd hate to see a lighting go.. but a really good alternative is a mustang. When I had my 95 5.0L 5/speed I averaged about 23mpg.

Just a thought.

Rich

1 - 20 of 22 Posts