Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
changed plugs over weekend, they have about 2-2.5k HARD mils on them after new tune. was having a little bit of a ruff idle and gurgling when letting of gas at crusing speed, 50 or so MPH. they were orig gapped at .25 and were damn near spot on and all grounding prongs were completely intact. idling did get a little better haven't made any trips anywhere, will update after work tomorrow. also cleaned TB. well here they are:

also this little combo made number 4 a breeze, and 6 and 7 under the power flow.

here are the plugs

·
Dude
2,363 Posts
Dont see any pics or link for pics?:smt102

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,118 Posts
Dont see any pics or link for pics?:smt102
Must be something wrong with your computer, tons of pics.

OP. what is that combo you used for the plugs. Looks interesting.

Far as the plugs, that's what my Rangers plugs looked like a few months ago when I changed them. Perhaps a tad on the lean side, but that is to be expected these days for emissions. Don't see any damage, so I'd be happy with them.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Far as the plugs, that's what my Rangers plugs looked like a few months ago when I changed them. Perhaps a tad on the lean side, but that is to be expected these days for emissions. Don't see any damage, so I'd be happy with them.
Yea no detonation or anything just was curious about others input on the color. also its a 24" and 6" ext. then a universal joint, then another 3-4" ext. and the plug socket. worked wonders on the hard to reach ones, i was actually able to get under the powerflow and stand up comfortably on the drivers side front fender and work. same on the rear pass. actually bought the 24" extension for the fuel filter on my old tacoma, it was a bitch, never used it again until the other day for the plugs

·
Registered
505 Posts
looks a little lean to me, but I dont know your combo. I'll like fat a/f ratios

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,118 Posts

I need to get one of those 24" extensions and a universal joint. Looks real handy for plug changes. Mine's headed for 60,000 miles, maybe this weekend, and still has the original plugs in it. Still runs awesome. No major mods so the plugs are probably still good.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea, worth every penny. the old taco i had had the fuel filter mounted to the block under the intake plenum. had to go into the through the drivers side wheel well and in-between 2 of the intake port/tubes to get to the banjo bolts and bracket that held it on there. only reason i bought it and the only other time I've used it. but on the plugs it made the hardest ones before some of the easier ones now, still a PIA but nowhere near as bad without it. like i said worth every penny and then a few more! one of those things you don't how nice it is to use it until you have one, prob won't use it often but man the difference it makes when you do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts