Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find a link to an oem tranny cooler like the one on Tim Skeltons site.

XC3Z-7A095-CA

I just can't find the one with the same mounts as the one on his site. He posted they were around $100 from fordpartsonline, but I can't find them. and the ones I do find are over $300 and look like they mount differently. I just want an OEM fit with extra cooling.
I just got my truck back from getting a built tranny and it has gone through 2 converters so far. In a week. The short drive to the city today in the heat had tranny temps over 200 and then it started shifting hard and then at a stop would buck. Then when I went to put it in reverse to back into a parking spot it would die. Called my tranny guy and he said it was the converter again.
So I don't know if the converter is making the temps rise, or if the high temps are killing the converters.

·
Building a fast catfish!!!
15,687 Posts
the converter is making it hottttt

get a f350 cooler from a 2010 truck...

·
Bracket maker
3,982 Posts
I have a cooler from a 2010 F350 Diesel. It is huge, almost twice the size of the cooler you are looking for. Uses 1/2 lines. I picked it up on ebay for $100. It requires some trimming on the tabs to make it fit, but it fits real well.

·
Back In A Big Boy Truck
5,395 Posts
J, text me the part number tomorrow and i'll get a price for u! Jason has a full list of other parts and fittings needed!

Wayne

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
$100 off Ebay. I just kept track till one showed up in the price range I was looking for. I agree the F250 fit is unbeatable it really does look like it came stock like that when properly installed.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
$75 bought it from a member...made a Huge Difference in my temps! Converter was going to kill my transmissions without it lol.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts

·
Oil Field Trash
2,643 Posts
Mine was $20 from a pick and pull. Just installed it this past weekend.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.