Lightning Rodder banner
11041 - 11060 of 11068 Posts

· 2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
12,775 Posts
Thanks to Josh’s idea, I secured the bolts to the AutoFab passenger mount to help ease install.
I had to use a moon shaped wrench prior to hold the top bolt in place - kinda a pain.

View attachment 549505
Looks good.
Josh didn’t come up with that idea, he probably just posted a picture of it.
Jason ikatya did this along time ago.

· Registered
2003 Lightning
4 Posts
What a week. I got a ton of stuff done to the truck. I bought her a couple of months ago – Black 2003 with 150k. I’ve done a bunch of work before now, but this week I:

Pulled throttle body, blower, and intercooler and…

Cleaned intercooler – soaked for about six hours in Purple Power. Did a good initial job, but the Easy Off oven cleaner really made quick work of the rest of the mess. Replaced gaskets with new OEM Ford gaskets.

Speaking of intercooler, I went to jump the relay to drain the system and found my pump wasn’t running. A tap with a hammer and off she went. Replaced with a new Ford Performance unit. Drained and replaced system with 50/50 Ford Gold.

Cleaned inside of turkey pan and replaced PCV tube assembly – I know the NPT plug mod is what everyone is doing, but I am a “stock guy” so I ordered a new PCV tube assembly. Turns out, the elbow on the pan was absolutely fine. Oh well, replaced anyway. I've got a new LFP oil separator I'll be adding later this week.

Changed plugs and coils – replaced with OEM MotorCraft gapped at .44 and new OEM coils.

Cleaned supercharger and throttle body – same process as intercooler, Purple Power followed up by Easy Off. **** and span. No flaking on the rotor pack.

Replaced supercharger oil - pee yew.

Replaced serpentine belt. Now one of the idlers is squealing, great.

Replaced a lot of hardened vacuum tubing.

Anyway, she runs like new, well worth all the effort!

· Registered
2,491 Posts
What a week. I got a ton of stuff done to the truck. I bought her a couple of months ago – Black 2003 with 150k. I’ve done a bunch of work before now, but this week I:

Pulled throttle body, blower, and intercooler and…

Cleaned intercooler – soaked for about six hours in Purple Power. Did a good initial job, but the Easy Off oven cleaner really made quick work of the rest of the mess. Replaced gaskets with new OEM Ford gaskets.

Speaking of intercooler, I went to jump the relay to drain the system and found my pump wasn’t running. A tap with a hammer and off she went. Replaced with a new Ford Performance unit. Drained and replaced system with 50/50 Ford Gold.

Cleaned inside of turkey pan and replaced PCV tube assembly – I know the NPT plug mod is what everyone is doing, but I am a “stock guy” so I ordered a new PCV tube assembly. Turns out, the elbow on the pan was absolutely fine. Oh well, replaced anyway. I've got a new LFP oil separator I'll be adding later this week.

Changed plugs and coils – replaced with OEM MotorCraft gapped at .44 and new OEM coils.

Cleaned supercharger and throttle body – same process as intercooler, Purple Power followed up by Easy Off. **** and span. No flaking on the rotor pack.

Replaced supercharger oil - pee yew.

Replaced serpentine belt. Now one of the idlers is squealing, great.

Replaced a lot of hardened vacuum tubing.

Anyway, she runs like new, well worth all the effort!
Put some work in I see. Did you separate the IC from the mid-plate?? If so the bolts are TTY so I’d advise getting new ones. Replacing the bearings in the idlers is cheap and easy pretty sure it’s a 6203-2RS.

· Slevin
1,107 Posts
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Gave it a much needed wash and drove it to the grocery store. I forgot how much of a smile it puts on my face when I drive it.

· Registered
2003 Lightning
4 Posts
Put some work in I see. Did you separate the IC from the mid-plate?? If so the bolts are TTY so I’d advise getting new ones. Replacing the bearings in the idlers is cheap and easy pretty sure it’s a 6203-2RS.
No, I left them together as a unit, didn't see any point in separating them. Thanks for the part number on the bearings!

11041 - 11060 of 11068 Posts