Lightning Rodder banner
11021 - 11040 of 11068 Posts

· 10 second street truck
13,158 Posts
I never said he told me to get them. They were already on the the truck and he said I can keep them instead of spending unnecessary money on new ones. They work fine. I ran 11.98 with my stock block Eaton. Buy stupid I mean spending more money then I want too. Lol

P If I told you somebody recommended a part to me that's them telling me to buy it not telling me that the part I have is acceptable for use

· Registered
2,491 Posts
We’re talking in circles man. I told him what I had and do I need to get new headers or can I just continue using what I have and he said it would be fine to use what I have. That’s it.

Had he said “no you definitely need something else” I would’ve got whatever he told me to get. But both he and Chris said it’s ok then it’s ok.

· 10 second street truck
13,158 Posts
Ok I think you missed something. I NEVER bought the Bassani’s. They were on the truck when I got in 2009

I haven't missed anything.

I didn't assume you bought them. I simply asked why you were using them. To which you replied Korn recommend them.

Korn actually said they're adequate and since you have them, use them.

If you had no exhaust there is no fucking way he'd tell you to buy those.

· Registered
2,491 Posts
Thats the front seal for a regular 5.4 F150. The one for the Lightning doesn't have a lip on it.
The one that was on it did. It looks exactly the same. Did ford change it after 2000 or something. This pic is with it still on the truck and it looks the same? I’m confused because when I got the truck it only had 38k mi on it I had to assume it wasn’t changed
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

· Registered
2002 Harley Davidson F-150
215 Posts
Mounted the fuel pressure regulator and started plumbing the fuel system. Yes I know the engine bay is pretty dirty right now. Before the motor goes in, it will get thoroughly cleaned. I still have a lot of clean up/re-route work to do.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior Automotive care

· 10 second street truck
13,158 Posts

· Registered
215 Posts
Planning to use an open element filter. Once I start installing everything I'll get a measurement of what size filter I can go with. Kind of playing the figure it out as I go game. The longblock alone will be enough of a cookie cutter setup, I don't want my engine bay looking like all the other engine bays in lightning/Harley trucks

· 10 second street truck
13,158 Posts
Planning to use an open element filter. Once I start installing everything I'll get a measurement of what size filter I can go with. Kind of playing the figure it out as I go game. The longblock alone will be enough of a cookie cutter setup, I don't want my engine bay looking like all the other engine bays in lightning/Harley trucks

I ask because you're sticking the regulator where the filter goes. Sacrificing surface area of a filter is the last thing I'd do.

Honestly trying to route fuel lines without the engine is pretty fucking hard.

· Registered
215 Posts
You're right. Doing things differently than everyone else is never easy. I'll get the filter thing figured out later. I stopped there though. Once I have the motor in the bay, I'll figure out how I'm gonna route fuel lines to/from rails. I have an idea in my head how I'm gonna do it, whether it actually pans out with an engine is still to be seen. Lol

· 10 second street truck
13,158 Posts
You're right. Doing things differently than everyone else is never easy. I'll get the filter thing figured out later. I stopped there though. Once I have the motor in the bay, I'll figure out how I'm gonna route fuel lines to/from rails. I have an idea in my head how I'm gonna do it, whether it actually pans out with an engine is still to be seen. Lol

I don't mean hard because it's different I mean hard because you will realize there's shit in your way that you didn't plan for.

I'm an advocate for being different but not at the sake of function. Again. I'd suggest you mount that regulator somewhere that's not in the way.

I made a mount for mine so it's back on the wiper cowl but not where they're all mounted. It makes routing hoses very easy and clean.

· I paid my buck-o-five
75,792 Posts
Turned her up to 21#, blew the tires off once the boost kicked in, hit 7100 rpm, and sent a log to Korn. Targeting 23-24 # boost. Only at 10* timing right now. I should have went TT years ago....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I support the twin life myself

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

· I paid my buck-o-five
75,792 Posts
I’m so grateful for good neighbors (1/4 mile each way). One is big into diesels and race boats, the other races Super Stock at the local speedway….
We’re not ignorant revving at 2am, but we definitely make some noise.
my closest neighbor has a sprint car and races quads

the rest wish they did, and my Lightning isn’t an issue as along as I keep the noise to respectable hours

Reactions: B4Thunder03
11021 - 11040 of 11068 Posts