Lightning Rodder banner
10901 - 10917 of 10917 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
The neighborhood Karen came over, Do you have to run this on a Saturday. 🖕🖕🖕
I’m so grateful for good neighbors (1/4 mile each way). One is big into diesels and race boats, the other races Super Stock at the local speedway….
We’re not ignorant revving at 2am, but we definitely make some noise.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Cheap drilled rotors....
Should we start a poll on miles till they crack?
Well, I understand the risks of crappy D&S rotors cracking, but considering the miles I put on/yr (less than 2K) and the kind of driving I do (street), I'm not going to install $500 rotors. So, we'll see how they perform over time. Plus, I'm a cheap old bastard.

·
10 second street truck
12,717 Posts
Well, I understand the risks of crappy D&S rotors cracking, but considering the miles I put on/yr (less than 2K) and the kind of driving I do (street), I'm not going to install $500 rotors. So, we'll see how they perform over time. Plus, I'm a cheap old bastard.
Napa premiums aren't expensive and work. Sure they aren't blingy, but they won't fail

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,545 Posts
I only drive mine 1000 to 2000 per year. Depends on the weather. Don't drive in the rain, winter is below freezing, or the summer if above 100. And we're getting a lot of above 100's this year. We had 63 in 2011. Haven't had any 100 since July 2020. But they're here now. We're over 20 so far, with another ten at least, ahead.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Napa premiums aren't expensive and work. Sure they aren't blingy, but they won't fail
How can rotors be "blingy?" Calipers, yes, but rotors?

·
11 Second Club
15,110 Posts
Dad passed away on July 6th he l my Lightning he actually co signed for me in 06 when I got it.
He would always tell me when I pay off my home I’ll give you money for the heads lol RIP Dad

deeply Missed and The Lightning is just parked btw

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
My sincere condolences. My father and I wrenched on dozens of cars since I was a child, my Lightning was the last thing we worked on together…
They’re always with us.

·
11 Second Club
15,110 Posts
My sincere condolences. My father and I wrenched on dozens of cars since I was a child, my Lightning was the last thing we worked on together…
They’re always with us.
Thanks Brother I will build it once I can recoup some money but for now and forever the Lightning will be here.

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
12,009 Posts
I started to flush my IC fluid. I guess the strait tap water mixed with the little bit of old coolant and it has a bad smell to it. I used car wash with a little Dawn.

I also moved one IC hose in a better location. I need to google and see how the wiring harness fits on the valve cover bolts. I thought I saved the pics but I cant find them.

·
11 Second Club
15,110 Posts
Reactions: Dusten

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
12,009 Posts
10901 - 10917 of 10917 Posts