10861 - 10879 of 10879 Posts

·
11 Second Club
15,104 Posts
Still need a motor lol miss the damn truck

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,485 Posts
Got some Race Star rims in recently. Unfortunately, all the tires are back-ordered. This includes the M & H 390/40-17's and the Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R 28 x 6 -17 fronts. Hoosier 27.5 x 4.5 -17s also back-ordered. Mid to end of July on all. Oh well. Patience is a virtue.

Reactions: B4Thunder03

·
11,485 Posts
Really need to take the front end apart and install that Super Duty trans cooler. It's busily holding down the garage floor. Having trouble getting motivated to do it. Also have a pair of LED headlight bulbs to install at the same time. Damn it Skippy. Just do it. Have four days off to contemplate on this. LOL!!

Reactions: B4Thunder03

·
11,485 Posts
Finally siked myself up to drill the gate and get it on the truck.. rivnuts and ARP
You getting in on that carbon fiber wiper cowl? I'm on the fence about it. Want to. Just haven't convinced myself to pull the trigger. Yet.

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
11,977 Posts
Got some Race Star rims in recently. Unfortunately, all the tires are back-ordered. This includes the M & H 390/40-17's and the Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R 28 x 6 -17 fronts. Hoosier 27.5 x 4.5 -17s also back-ordered. Mid to end of July on all. Oh well. Patience is a virtue.
That's unfortunate, i need one of those front tires. I have an egg in the sidewall.

Also if you do a bias ply, check into seeing if you need to run tubes. I run tubes in my 28" quick time pros.

·
Pilsung
484 Posts
You getting in on that carbon fiber wiper cowl? I'm on the fence about it. Want to. Just haven't convinced myself to pull the trigger. Yet.
Yes, I put a deposit down on first run September 2021. Decent price on these types of parts. It is still cool to see vendors popping up still making parts for the Lightning trucks.

·
Stock Block [email protected]
3,340 Posts
Tried on the D 10's from Bogart.... they fit this time around.....

Installed MP Bridge.... will be back to space out the tensioner.....:cool:

·
11,485 Posts
That's unfortunate, i need one of those front tires. I have an egg in the sidewall.

Also if you do a bias ply, check into seeing if you need to run tubes. I run tubes in my 28" quick time pros.
How do you run tubes in a tire designed for tubeless tires? The rim has an air valve on it. Seems like you would have to dtill a hole in the center of the trim for the air valve on the tube. Seems like all the skinny front tires are radials. Which would mean tubeless.

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
11,977 Posts
How do you run tubes in a tire designed for tubeless tires? The rim has an air valve on it. Seems like you would have to dtill a hole in the center of the trim for the air valve on the tube. Seems like all the skinny front tires are radials. Which would mean tubeless.
The shop drilled the valve stem hole bigger in my rear 15x10 poverty stars, deburred and it was good to go. I forgot where i got the idea from about tubes but i assume it was Dark Side on here who dials in my truck. I spoke with either Jeg's or Summit tech support about tubes and it went by weight of the vehicles. It was over 1000lbs from max for no tubes. I meant just for the rear tires. I dont know if the same applies to the fronts. If i ever go with a non radial skinny, ill look into that.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Took Mando out for a wash and put her back in lol
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Reactions: utlong31

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
11,977 Posts
All i did was spray the undersides of my bed with a backpack full of dawn/water to kill some wasp. They have made a home while im on week 4 (or 6 depending how you look at it) of waiting for vacuum lines and/or the CORRECT fittings. Blower etc is still sitting in the shed.

·
10 second street truck
12,553 Posts
All i did was spray the undersides of my bed with a backpack full of dawn/water to kill some wasp. They have made a home while im on week 4 (or 6 depending how you look at it) of waiting for vacuum lines and/or the CORRECT fittings. Blower etc is still sitting in the shed.

If it makes you feel better I ordered a bumper for my hdj81 on a 6-12 week timelines. Every week I was promised it was on time. Week 7 it was on the shop floor being welded.
It's now week 16 and I can't get an update to save my life.
$4200....

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
If it makes you feel better I ordered a bumper for my hdj81 on a 6-12 week timelines. Every week I was promised it was on time. Week 7 it was on the shop floor being welded.
$4200....
It’s absolutely friggin amazing how long lead times for things have tripled during the BS “Covid Era”! 🖕🏻

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
11,977 Posts
$4200....
It just makes me want to sell and get out even more. Parts are harder to find, custom stuff cost a fortune. Things are more obsolete by the day. It sucks.

10861 - 10879 of 10879 Posts