Lightning Rodder banner
10821 - 10840 of 10845 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,431 Posts
Took the windshield wipers off for the first time. Threw then under the bed cover. Last time the truck saw rain was in 2015. And that was inadvertent. I like it. May have to start looking at that carbon fiber group buy for the wiper-less wiper cowl.

Going to get it out here in a few minutes and fill it with some super expensive $5.29 a gallon 93 octane. Won't be too bad, it's sittin at 3/4 tank.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Took the windshield wipers off for the first time. Threw then under the bed cover. Last time the truck saw rain was in 2015. And that was inadvertent. I like it. May have to start looking at that carbon fiber group buy for the wiper-less wiper cowl.

Going to get it out here in a few minutes and fill it with some super expensive $5.29 a gallon 93 octane. Won't be too bad, it's sittin at 3/4 tank.
$5.29?! Damn! We just saw a 40¢ jump in reg gas prices from 4.30/gal to 4.70 within 6hrs.
This is such political BS!

·
Registered
262 Posts

We’ll be getting pictures of the first piece this week. The more ppl I can get in the cheaper it’ll be. Lmk if you’re interested.

·
regular joe
2002 True Blue
1,935 Posts
Put carpet and seats in. Realized i do not like the way the sub box fits in the truck, so that will be a new project. Just waiting on some gray fasteners to arrive so i can put the last few interior panels in.

·
10 second street truck
12,416 Posts

You don't use the window washer?

·
11,431 Posts
You don't use the window washer?
Never used it once. IN 14 years owning the truck. Don't drive it in the rain, so no. I keep it full, in the interest of preventing corrosion in my JLP tank. But otherwise, never needed it. Uhm, there is a group buy for a carbon fiber wiper cowl. A lot are opting for the one without the wiper areas. So, guess what, I'm not alone in this.

I can't even recall the last time I turned the windshield wiper on. I don't even know if they work. I'll keep them in the bed, for now. I'm not decided on the wiperless cowl yet. That's a bit of a stretch. But, considering that most of the driving I do in my Lightning is all within 50 miles of home, and maybe 2000 miles a year. I'll likely never need them or the washer.

But I do like the way it looks sans the wiper blades sticking up. If they could've made them a lower profile, like the ones on my Mustang, I'd keep them on.

·
regular joe
2002 True Blue
1,935 Posts
Buttoned up everything....battery was dead. Jumped off, went for a drive....no sound out of speakers. My amp decided to go the day i put all my interior panels back together. New one already hooked up and thumpin again.

I have little to no road noise in the cab and i havent sound insulated my roof. I cannot hear my cogs unless im on the gas.

·
TREE FIDDY
72 Posts
Sure hope you had the Power Wheels in the bed to get you home?! Hahaha
Bummer, but at least you caught it before a catastrophic fuel loss issue.
Lol emergency recovery vehicle. Well I tore the tank back out of it today and found the Intank hat feed line popped off. She’s back purring now!
Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

·
10 second street truck
12,416 Posts
Never used it once. IN 14 years owning the truck. Don't drive it in the rain, so no. I keep it full, in the interest of preventing corrosion in my JLP tank. But otherwise, never needed it. Uhm, there is a group buy for a carbon fiber wiper cowl. A lot are opting for the one without the wiper areas. So, guess what, I'm not alone in this.

I can't even recall the last time I turned the windshield wiper on. I don't even know if they work. I'll keep them in the bed, for now. I'm not decided on the wiperless cowl yet. That's a bit of a stretch. But, considering that most of the driving I do in my Lightning is all within 50 miles of home, and maybe 2000 miles a year. I'll likely never need them or the washer.

But I do like the way it looks sans the wiper blades sticking up. If they could've made them a lower profile, like the ones on my Mustang, I'd keep them on.

I don't drive mine in the rain either.
But we have bugs. Dust. Things that get in the window that I prefer to not look through so I use mine.

·
11,431 Posts
I don't drive mine in the rain either.
But we have bugs. Dust. Things that get in the window that I prefer to not look through so I use mine.
Right, But the windshield squirters make a mess of the rest of the truck. LOL! The few times I drive it, I just go ahead and either squirt it with Windex, or use the two microfiber cloth method, and clean it real good. I don't like looking through a dirty windshield either. But I don't want water spots all over the rest of the truck because of the squirters. I've seen squirters that shoot over the roof and hit the car behind the vehicle that was using them. LMAO!! Been hit by them a time or two myself.

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,295 Posts
Right, But the windshield squirters make a mess of the rest of the truck. LOL! The few times I drive it, I just go ahead and either squirt it with Windex, or use the two microfiber cloth method, and clean it real good. I don't like looking through a dirty windshield either. But I don't want water spots all over the rest of the truck because of the squirters. I've seen squirters that shoot over the roof and hit the car behind the vehicle that was using them. LMAO!! Been hit by them a time or two myself.
When I did run the washer fluid tank I used a mix of distilled water and rinse less carwash. Much like Robert though afterwards I would pull over and clean the glass if it had gotten too bad. Too many times wiper blades clearing a windscreen can cause damage to the blades and the glass.

·
10 second street truck
12,416 Posts
When I did run the washer fluid tank I used a mix of distilled water and rinse less carwash. Much like Robert though afterwards I would pull over and clean the glass if it had gotten too bad. Too many times wiper blades clearing a windscreen can cause damage to the blades and the glass.
I am unwilling to pull over on the freeway just to wipe my window. That and I don't drive around with cleaning products in my truck.

I am also kind of a piece of shit and can't remember the last time I even washed mine.

Probably why the part out mindset is settling in again.

Rob does your hood use the OEM squirters? My cervinis has aftermarket ones and they're pointed very low.

·
11,431 Posts
I am unwilling to pull over on the freeway just to wipe my window. That and I don't drive around with cleaning products in my truck.

I am also kind of a piece of shit and can't remember the last time I even washed mine.

Probably why the part out mindset is settling in again.

Rob does your hood use the OEM squirters? My cervinis has aftermarket ones and they're pointed very low.
Yeah, they're the factory squirters. So they probably are pointed low. Never used them. Don't know. Never had to pull over and clean my windshield. And like you, I really haven't washed mine in years. I use a California Car Duster most of the time. And when it does need a bath, it's only the front end and behind the wheels. I just spot wash those using the two rag method, one hot wet rag, and one dry microfiber cloth. I get told, practically every time I drive it, how beautiful my truck is (ladies), or how bad-ass it is (guys).

Btw, was out in it yesterday, stopped at a local stop-and-rob to get a 12 pack. When I left, I dropped the hammer in the parking lot. You know I have this low power set-up, two pound lower, MP, Accufab, C & L, Yuge K & N, back two cats deleted, Borla catback, EGR deleted. JLP longbars, 12.5 inch rear rims with 345/35-18 M & H Race Masters on them. Lit them up big time, it was LOUD! Wasn't expecting that. Didn't think my truck had the power to spin those huge tires.

Mikey likes it!

·
10 second street truck
12,416 Posts
Yeah, they're the factory squirters. So they probably are pointed low. Never used them. Don't know. Never had to pull over and clean my windshield. And like you, I really haven't washed mine in years. I use a California Car Duster most of the time. And when it does need a bath, it's only the front end and behind the wheels. I just spot wash those using the two rag method, one hot wet rag, and one dry microfiber cloth. I get told, practically every time I drive it, how beautiful my truck is (ladies), or how bad-ass it is (guys).

Btw, was out in it yesterday, stopped at a local stop-and-rob to get a 12 pack. When I left, I dropped the hammer in the parking lot. You know I have this low power set-up, two pound lower, MP, Accufab, C & L, Yuge K & N, back two cats deleted, Borla catback, EGR deleted. JLP longbars, 12.5 inch rear rims with 345/35-18 M & H Race Masters on them. Lit them up big time, it was LOUD! Wasn't expecting that. Didn't think my truck had the power to spin those huge tires.

Mikey likes it!
I haven't washed mine because I stopped caring about clean.
I hated worrying about getting it dirty.
Mines actually been sitting outside in the rain and shit for a month.

You and I have different mindsets. You want pretty and attention grabbing. I want mine to scare anyone who rides in it. Stop better than most modern cars. And still be able to drive across country. I give zero fucks about appearance.

·
11,431 Posts
I haven't washed mine because I stopped caring about clean.
I hated worrying about getting it dirty.
Mines actually been sitting outside in the rain and shit for a month.

You and I have different mindsets. You want pretty and attention grabbing. I want mine to scare anyone who rides in it. Stop better than most modern cars. And still be able to drive across country. I give zero fucks about appearance.
Pretty and attention getting works for me. Was out riding my 2008 Suzuki B-King yesterday. Stopped at Pop's on Route 66 in Arcadia Oklahoma for a little while. Three guys came riding in, father and two sons. They were all eyes for my bike, telling me how clean it is. One of the sons asked me how much it would take to buy it. Told him, not really planning on selling it. love the bike, have plenty of cash in the bank, have a nice retirement plan should I decide to do so next year when I turn 62. But, I told him, if someone offered me eight grand for it, I'd sell it. When they left, he asked for my number, wants to buy it for that eight grand. Still not sure if I'll sell it though. It's a factory ten second bike, and the mods I've done to it, drop it into the nines. Note even the chain is clean. LMAO!! It's an RK Gold. Why have an expensive gold chain if it can't be seen. And yes, people notice it. One of the questions I hear frequently, "Do you ever lube that chain?" LOL!!

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
10 second street truck
12,416 Posts
Pretty and attention getting works for me. Was out riding my 2008 Suzuki B-King yesterday. Stopped at Pop's on Route 66 in Arcadia Oklahoma for a little while. Three guys came riding in, father and two sons. They were all eyes for my bike, telling me how clean it is. One of the sons asked me how much it would take to buy it. Told him, not really planning on selling it. love the bike, have plenty of cash in the bank, have a nice retirement plan should I decide to do so next year when I turn 62. But, I told him, if someone offered me eight grand for it, I'd sell it. When they left, he asked for my number, wants to buy it for that eight grand. Still not sure if I'll sell it though. It's a factory ten second bike, and the mods I've done to it, drop it into the nines. Note even the chain is clean. LMAO!! It's an RK Gold. Why have an expensive gold chain if it can't be seen. And yes, people notice it. One of the questions I hear frequently, "Do you ever lube that chain?" LOL!!

View attachment 548127
I'm glad it works for you. I've learned that my cars that are to nice, I won't drive.

My 68 has 1200 miles in 8 years because I don't want to tear it up. My 66 f100 on the other hand I drive all the time. My land cruiser has already got trail damage.

I've noticed the less I give a shit about the lightning the more I enjoy it.

I'd much rather enjoy the drive than get attention.

·
11,431 Posts
I enjoy the hell out of driving my Lightning. I stomp on the loud pedal all the time when I do, even with today's gas prices. Filled the tank with 93 octane the other day, $107.00. LOL!!

I'm not overly anal about keeping it clean. As I told you, I use a California Car Duster on it more than anything else. It's kept in a garage, so usually that's all that's needed is to get the dust off. Driving it, bugs on all the front facing parts and goo behind the tires, the occasional birdy deuce. I can't even remember the last time I actually washed it. My usual wash routine is a bucket of hot water and two microfiber cloths, one wet, the other dry. Windex works great for keeping the stock rims clean. A little shiny glop on the black parts and tires, and it's good-to-go.

Yeah, my Ranger is pretty hammered. I don't really even try to keep it clean anymore. Drive it hard, put it away wet. Wednesday May 4th, it rained so hard I felt like I was driving in a river. Ranger stalled out on me about one mile from home. Code said cam position sensor. Replaced it the next day. Nothing. Disconnected the negative terminal and let if sit there and rot. Went back Saturday, connected battery, it fired right up, first turn. The Ranger is kind of a quirky thing. Ford programmed it so that anytime there is a cam sensor code, the computer assumes no oil pressure. So Voila, won't start. I guess with the battery disconnencted for so long, it lost all the bad memory. Or, something got wet and it took a week for it to dry out. I have no clue! ;-)

·
10 second street truck
12,416 Posts
I don't doubt you enjoy it.

I was simply saying I don't. I stress over keeping them nice and it keeps from having any fun.

I don't own anything that's hammered. Just things are less nice than others.

Sky Tire Wheel Car Mountain

This ole girl actually just got a full 3" exhaust from Australia and I'm still waiting on my god damn $4200 bumper and winch.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

This ole girl got new door seals, window runs, badges,window regulator, wing windows and oil pressure gauge.

I keep them running. I keep them nice to drive. But I don't care about dust. Or water spots from the window sprayers. The only reason I don't drive the lightning in the rain is safety.

Let's not discuss fuel.
E85 is 5.39
Diesel is 5.49

10821 - 10840 of 10845 Posts