Lightning Rodder banner
10801 - 10820 of 10845 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Got the truck mostly back together. The bumper cover is getting redone due to it having an issue. I’ll do the bumper gap mod for sure. There was a nasty gap. Passenger side fender liner and ground effect installed.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Land vehicle

·
regular joe
2002 True Blue
1,935 Posts
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Toy Automotive design
Hood Audio equipment Gas Automotive tire Trunk
Automotive tire Trunk Floor Wood Flooring

I have new carpet ready to go in. Just waiting on my sound deadener to arrive. The door panels were removed and keypad was fixed. One door panel still had the factory rubber sound deadener. I used it as a template and cut out a perfect mat for beteen the door and panel. It is 10mm thick rubberized foam. The door panel was very tight putting it back on, but it fit.

I did find the matting on the back of the carpet wet :(. Dumped water on my cowl...no leak....windshield....no leak....on the rubber upper drip rail...bingo. Tiny leak on both sides of the truck. Just a dab of gasket maker is all it took.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
If you are that far in might as well do the back of the cab also with sound deadener👍 u will be glad u did it all.

Reactions: TP 112

·
regular joe
2002 True Blue
1,935 Posts
If you are that far in might as well do the back of the cab also with sound deadener👍 u will be glad u did it all.
I did :) i got all the way up to the headliner...that will have to be another day. Ofc, i forgot a roller and no one sells one...or any kind of flooring roller locally. So, now i wait on Amazon.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Pulled it out under its own power again, then cleaned the garage... it was a long Winter

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
584 Posts
View attachment 547786

Took the truck this weekend to Dallas to a show we host in the major cities in Texas. Had the crew lined up afterward for a picture.

If you’re in Texas give “Fords Trucks and Coffee HTX” a follow on Facebook/Instagram so you can be updated for our next show.

Next meet I believe is in New Braunfeles.

Lot of Lightning’s & Harleys show up to the show. I’ll post a link to the YouTube blog when we get it edited.
I want those wheels off the shamu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Reactions: B4Thunder03

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,295 Posts
Pulled it out under its own power again, then cleaned the garage... it was a long Winter

Can't believe this is the first time I am seeing your exhaust set up/exit. That's pretty dope. Any more pics?

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
Can't believe this is the first time I am seeing your exhaust set up/exit. That's pretty dope. Any more pics?
Thanks! I don't have any at the moment. I was inspired by my brother's Saleen. I put my own twist on it

Reactions: Boss Hoss

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
11,951 Posts
I pulled my exhaust yesterday afternoon. The small headers are cake. This is in preparation for the ARH headers, ARH mids and Kooks R300-14 mufflers awaiting to go on. My 4" stainless rolled tips should be here from Canada next Wednesday. I am in the process of finding a stainless xpipe that is wide enough to work with both mufflers.

This is not a for sale post, it's just a picture from a local ad I posted.

Attachments

·
regular joe
2002 True Blue
1,935 Posts
I pulled my exhaust yesterday afternoon. The small headers are cake. This is in preparation for the ARH headers, ARH mids and Kooks R300-14 mufflers awaiting to go on. My 4" stainless rolled tips should be here from Canada next Wednesday. I am in the process of finding a stainless xpipe that is wide enough to work with both mufflers.

This is not a for sale post, it's just a picture from a local ad I posted.
Competent exhaust shop should be able to make you one relatively cheap

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
11,951 Posts
Competent exhaust shop should be able to make you one relatively cheap
True. I can also go ride there and get some hangers. My rubbers are gone from the dual muffler mount. The oem hanger near the tips is completely missing. This would be easy for a muffler shop to do but I will have someone who does stainless on the side finish it all unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Was data-logging on 4th revision when I lost fuel pressure. Intank hose must have come off and stranded me roadside. Lol what a bummer, and I just filled up yesterday. 🤦‍♂️ yayyyy View attachment 548082
Sure hope you had the Power Wheels in the bed to get you home?! Hahaha
Bummer, but at least you caught it before a catastrophic fuel loss issue.

10801 - 10820 of 10845 Posts