Lightning Rodder banner
10621 - 10640 of 10641 Posts

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Installing these along with all new pulley bearings.

Attachments

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,296 Posts
I've had some 9.5 fronts with Goodyear Eagles on the front, seeing what happened wear wise. Took them off today, as they are worn down to the wear bars. Evenly across the entire tires. Both outside and inside corners look exactly the same. These tires have about 30,000 miles on them.

Put on the 7 inch narrowed stock rims with some new 225/60s on them. I ran the tires above to determine if the alignment is bad. Obviously, the way the tires are worn, it is not. Also no play on the front end, top-to-bottom or front-to-back.

I suspect the excessive wear I get with the skinny fronts is due to the fact the tires have a lower weight limit, and need to be run at a higher pressure to handle the weight these trucks put on them. We'll see.

Being the 7 inch rims have 2.5 inches cut off the inside surface, I also suspect the offset, being changed from positive to negative, also affects the wear. If these tires wear badly, I will seek the advice of an alignment shop, as to whether I need to have it aligned differently due to the offset.

Guy I bought them from said "I got 140 passes down the quarter mile with them with no unusual wear." That's 35 miles. I'm impressed.

·
Slevin
1,054 Posts
I got sick of seeing it on jack stands, so I put the old shock back on, moved it outside, washed it and put it back in the garage.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Didn't touch my truck, but I did open a box that Lethal Performance so graciously sent me. View attachment 547123
Make sure you run lucas 80w90 mineral oil in it without friction modifier. No synthetics or blends. I ran valvoline 80w90 (white bottle) and developed chattering issues.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Slevin
1,054 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Harley Davidson F-150
112 Posts
Man, just seeing the pics is almost worth making a week vacation to Seattle just to see it in person. That thing is so sexy.. I just want to be able to say my fingerprints are on it. Lol

10621 - 10640 of 10641 Posts