Lightning Rodder banner
10601 - 10620 of 10641 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I was running the stock 04 and also the Harley grill. Both great in their own way. But then I added honeycomb top and bottom in satin black. Was never really drawn to that style, but love it now!
Awesome! Where did you purchase the honeycomb grills?

Reactions: utlong31

·
Registered
2002 Harley Davidson F-150
112 Posts
Speaking of all these different grilles someone want to tell me where you buy buy these mesh type grilles? It was on my truck when I bought it and I love it. People ask all the time where I got it, and I have no idea which way to point them
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
447 Posts
Awesome! Where did you purchase the honeycomb grills?
So the lower one is L specific and harder to find. I finally bought mine from one of the online Ford dealerships. They're also going up in price steadily, so probably better to pull the trigger soon. You can find the uppers used all over eBay for cheap as they came on the regular F-150s. I'd get an OEM one there, clean/paint it, and you'll be set!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Speaking of all these different grilles someone want to tell me where you buy buy these mesh type grilles? It was on my truck when I bought it and I love it. People ask all the time where I got it, and I have no idea which way to point them
Could be Grillecraft or could be homemade using mesh and 'hand forming' it...

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
So the lower one is L specific and harder to find. I finally bought mine from one of the online Ford dealerships. They're also going up in price steadily, so probably better to pull the trigger soon. You can find the uppers used all over eBay for cheap as they came on the regular F-150s. I'd get an OEM one there, clean/paint it, and you'll be set!
Awesome thanks man! I'll have to keep my eye out for the lower grill and just grab a OEM upper on ebay.

Reactions: DVC

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
12,302 Posts
I set the engine in, placed the Whipple on top and It doesn't fit. 🤬
Measure twice and cut once.. blah blah
Pulled the engine back out and started to tear out my wiper cowl panel.
The panel needs to get moved all the way back to the firewall.
🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I set the engine in, placed the Whipple on top and It doesn't fit. 🤬
Measure twice and cut once.. blah blah
Pulled the engine back out and started to tear out my wiper cowl panel.
The panel needs to get moved all the way back to the firewall.
🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

View attachment 546975
Glad your doing all the leg work for us thinking of swapping over one day! That's a HUGE bitch lol 😂

Reactions: utlong31

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Since I got frustrated with the truck.. , Thought I bust out the sled I've had for 50+ years...
I need one of those new fancy stabilization cameras..
That’s great! Haha
We have storm coming here to the East that’s supposed to set up a good lake effect snow ban, calling for 12-18” so far.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

·
10 second street truck
12,209 Posts
Realized the tender wasn't plugged in.

Called and setup a bigger storage shed so I can put the lightning in storage with my 68. I'm tired of looking at.

·
Registered
2002 Harley Davidson F-150
112 Posts
Ordered the nitrous kit for the new setup (ZEX wet kit). Will be ordering a bottle pressure gauge and bottle warmer before the truck is ready to go to...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Looked at them as I pulled the plow truck out to plow my driveway! Then realized that we have another 2 months of this weather! :rolleyes:

10601 - 10620 of 10641 Posts