Lightning Rodder banner
10541 - 10552 of 10552 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Walked past both of mine covered in the garage.... A balmy 32° here in NY today.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Got the desire to do some stuff above normal maintenance. Mine's at 171,000 miles.
Replaced the pigtails for foglamps, soldered/heat shrunk/taped/in conduit. It seems the 9005 high beam bulbs I had in there overheated the connections.
Installed 9145 (OE number) LED bulbs gifted to me. 6000K so they are white and they are outstanding, other than my headlights look like candles now.
Ordered matching headlights from the same manufacturer and installed those, OE connectors, which is nice. Each one has a tiny fan in the back of the bulb.
The brand is ALLA Lighting, on Amazon. I'm quite happy so far.
I also ordered new a cruise control switch assembly. My old unit is falling apart due to age and sunload I suppose.
Found that on Amazon by accident. Ford & others want around $120 for the part. AA Ignition Store wants $26.22, seems too good to be true, but I thought I'd risk it.
It arrives today. I let you know how it looks, feels, and works.

I like to pass stuff I find that may help others with similar issues.

007. :cool:

·
10 second street truck
12,086 Posts
Got the desire to do some stuff above normal maintenance. Mine's at 171,000 miles.
Replaced the pigtails for foglamps, soldered/heat shrunk/taped/in conduit. It seems the 9005 high beam bulbs I had in there overheated the connections.
Installed 9145 (OE number) LED bulbs gifted to me. 6000K so they are white and they are outstanding, other than my headlights look like candles now.
Ordered matching headlights from the same manufacturer and installed those, OE connectors, which is nice. Each one has a tiny fan in the back of the bulb.
The brand is ALLA Lighting, on Amazon. I'm quite happy so far.
I also ordered new a cruise control switch assembly. My old unit is falling apart due to age and sunload I suppose.
Found that on Amazon by accident. Ford & others want around $120 for the part. AA Ignition Store wants $26.22, seems too good to be true, but I thought I'd risk it.
It arrives today. I let you know how it looks, feels, and works.

I like to pass stuff I find that may help others with similar issues.

007. :cool:
I've used two of those cruiser control setups. You'll be fine.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks for appraisal, you never know especially at that price point. I'm tired of looking at the circuit boards inside my switches, LOL!

Reactions: Dusten

·
Registered
215 Posts
A really easy job, I forgot these switches used to light up!!!! 2 bolts and a plug to pull the airbag, unplug switches from clockspring, unplug wires to horn switches. 4 screws for the switches, 4 bolts for the horn switches. Fish out the old unit and fish in the new one. Replace screws and plugs test drive. They work perfectly and light up matching the dash lighting
Hood Product Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Steering part Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Steering wheel

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

Reactions: Dusten

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Yanked my diff cover to try and figure out why my truetrac began binding in sharp turns. Only 500 miles on the complete axle rebuild. Fluid was good, no metal. Found a chip on the heel of one tooth... not sure how/when that happened. DTS here in Michigan assembled the axle. At least it's not on the area that contact the pinion gear. Going to do a bunch of figure 8's tomorrow in a parking lot with the new fluid.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Yanked my diff cover to try and figure out why my truetrac began binding in sharp turns. Only 500 miles on the complete axle rebuild. Fluid was good, no metal. Found a chip on the heel of one tooth... not sure how/when that happened. DTS here in Michigan assembled the axle. At least it's not on the area that contact the pinion gear. Going to do a bunch of figure 8's tomorrow in a parking lot with the new fluid.

Well that sucks! Definitely looks like the ring gear contacted something at some point. Are you able to gently file the area surrounding the chip? Good luck with resolving this.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Well that sucks! Definitely looks like the ring gear contacted something at some point. Are you able to gently file the area surrounding the chip? Good luck with resolving this.
Yes, with a dremel.

Reactions: B4Thunder03
10541 - 10552 of 10552 Posts