Lightning Rodder banner
10501 - 10520 of 10552 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Harley Davidson F-150
85 Posts
That sucks ass, before you get it to torn apart.. do some diagnostics.
Cracked head. It was obvious as soon as I got the blower off. Fell victim to the Old school Patriot Stage 3 mantra. Apparently what I was informed of when I called JLP, was that the Patriot Stage 3 heads were known for cracking and this happening. Eh... This setup was in the truck when I bought it so...

·
Slevin
1,033 Posts
Slowly rebuilding the exhaust as I have time.
I was able to pull the mid pipes, make them clean cut in preparation for the cat back Im making and put them back on.

I didn't realize the x brace install would make me have this much extra work.

It really sucks doing this on the ground, a lift would be supe beneficial.

And I'm still waiting on my shocks from hotchkis

·
Registered
2002 Harley Davidson F-150
85 Posts
Slowly rebuilding the exhaust as I have time.
I was able to pull the mid pipes, make them clean cut in preparation for the cat back Im making and put them back on.

I didn't realize the x brace install would make me have this much extra work.

It really sucks doing this on the ground, a lift would be supe beneficial.

And I'm still waiting on my shocks from hotchkis
One those Hotchkis shocks come in and you go for a ride, post up your thoughts and opinions on em. I'm considering a major suspension upgrade while my truck is down

·
Slevin
1,033 Posts
What Hotchkis shocks are you waiting on?
Hotchkis 2.1 tuned shocks

Which is why I have two sets of Rhino ramps. Gave me the under truck clearance I needed.
I've got ramps and Jack stands, it's still difficult going back and forth between sides and underneath in my small garage.

·
10 second street truck
12,086 Posts
Hotchkis 2.1 tuned shocks

I've got ramps and Jack stands, it's still difficult going back and forth between sides and underneath in my small garage.

I have them. I don't know that I noticed enough difference over th old shocks to justify them. But the truck is more flat. It still rides pretty rough.

If you have stock lower arms prepare to get your grinder out, if you have Stifler's arms prepare for a lot of fun to try to install them.

·
Slevin
1,033 Posts
I have them. I don't know that I noticed enough difference over th old shocks to justify them. But the truck is more flat. It still rides pretty rough.

If you have stock lower arms prepare to get your grinder out, if you have Stifler's arms prepare for a lot of fun to try to install them.
I've got the original shocks still, so anything will be an improvement I think. Worse, I've got DJM control arms. Probably have to grind on them too.

10501 - 10520 of 10552 Posts