Lightning Rodder banner
10441 - 10460 of 10478 Posts

·
local painter
3,261 Posts
Removed the blower to get the last of the engine/trans wire harness out today.
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: sa-10 and Mrbreeze

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Harley#356

·
Registered
55 Posts
Friday: I got the truck.
Saturday: Washed the truck
Monday: Installed a new flip-out head unit and ran interconnects for the stereo project and got it inspected
Tomorrow: I get it registered.

·
Slevin
1,022 Posts
Finished installing the rest of the x brace and DS loop. But had to cut the cat back off in order to make it fit.
Guess I have to redo that now

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,168 Posts
Going to my friend Rick's shop (Ace Transmission in Midwest City OK) to have the ass end gears swapped from 3.73 to 4.10. Going to stop at the local Ford dealer in town and pick up six quarts of 75/140 fluid and two bottles of friction modifier. The fluid in the differential isn't that old, but I am a firm believer in never reusing any fluid, whether it be transmission, engine oil, power steering fluid or differential fluid. If you're going to drain it, replace it.

·
Registered
2002 Harley Davidson F-150
67 Posts
Going to my friend Rick's shop (Ace Transmission in Midwest City OK) to have the ass end gears swapped from 3.73 to 4.10. Going to stop at the local Ford dealer in town and pick up six quarts of 75/140 fluid and two bottles of friction modifier. The fluid in the differential isn't that old, but I am a firm believer in never reusing any fluid, whether it be transmission, engine oil, power steering fluid or differential fluid. If you're going to drain it, replace it.
No time wasted huh. Enjoy them bro

·
11,168 Posts
Your setup is one of the few I wouldn't try and talk out of them.
For how I drive my truck, they'll be fine. Doesn't see much, if any highway use. If so, doesn't exceed 20 to 30 miles. I had 4.10's put in my old Ranger earlier this year. Love it! Much nicer to drive, even on the highway. It also had 3.73's prior to the swap.

·
10 second street truck
11,872 Posts
Not even about the highway.
Anyone who tracks a lightning with even bolt on power will quickly realize the end of third gear arrive before the end of the track.

But as yours will never see the track. That's not an issue. So the 4.10s will add a little pep without stressing the motor.

·
11,168 Posts
Which is exactly what I'm after. And btw, do you think I am the only Lightning owner who doesn't race his truck? Do you think Mike (blowerwhore) Gondek races his? My friend James, his will likely never see a track either. I own mine simply because I love Lightnings. Love the way they look in comparison to every other vehicle out there. And I'm told, every time I drive it, how nice mine is. More than once usually. PRICELESS!

·
10 second street truck
11,872 Posts
Which is exactly what I'm after. And btw, do you think I am the only Lightning owner who doesn't race his truck? Do you think Mike (blowerwhore) Gondek races his? My friend James, his will likely never see a track either. I own mine simply because I love Lightnings. Love the way they look in comparison to every other vehicle out there. And I'm told, every time I drive it, how nice mine is. More than once usually. PRICELESS!
Nice rant man...
Let's take a step back.
Most guys that discuss 4.10's are trying to race their truck.
I know 100% Mike gondek races his truck. I've seen the videos.
Should I text him now and ask?

I wasn't making the comment about 4.10's as a slight you crank my asshole. I was making them because it's rare people put in 4.10's for the right reason. Yours is that rare case.

10441 - 10460 of 10478 Posts