Lightning Rodder banner
10421 - 10440 of 10472 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Finished my hot side last night. Turbos are getting ceramic and powdercoated right now. Time to wrap up the cold side asap

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Damn bro not again! Sry man that sux.
I was hoping he meant “he broke it” as in the fastest 2.9 Whipple Lightning record?! But it doesn’t seem to be the case...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Sry ta hear man. I know u had alot of time and money in the new motor. This is one of the biggest fears i have about goin built.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Sry ta hear man. I know u had alot of time and money in the new motor. This is one of the biggest fears i have about goin built.
Built or not, that’s just a fear of anyone owning a Lightning......or any “fun toy” for that matter! Lol

·
Pilsung
468 Posts
Change Tranny fluid and Filter
Added the temp sensor
Got the Base tune loaded as I wasn’t sure it would load since the PCM was tuned prior by a device I no longer have before putting it back to stock. The base tune loaded and captured the previous data as the stock 👍🏻 . I was thinking it was going to be a big hurdle.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Bag Automotive exterior
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Communication Device Gadget Portable communications device Font Mobile device

·
Registered
45 Posts
Gave her a wash and reinstalled freshly polished lower grill with zip ties. It was missing the top mounting brackets and the lower ones are rusted to hell. Looks like I will have to bend up some aluminum and make my own

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
11,167 Posts
Drove it to work this evening. Second time this year. Turned over 72,000 on the way.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Yes it is, harness fit real well.
Do you have your own thread on this? I would really like to ditch the stock ecm at some point. I went megasquirt on my gen1 with the pimpxshift and it's awesome. Im assuming you are running a quick 4 trans controller too?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Slevin
1,022 Posts
Found some time to work on it. Replaced the control arm with a loose ball joint, got the front half of the x brace on. But age has been getting to my truck, the 20 year old shocks are shot and the bushings are toast, even with MADLINKS I had two sway bar end link bushings missing.

·
Pilsung
468 Posts
Waiting for different springs for the LCA’s for a couple months now. QA1 has been on back order for 2.5 months. Received the front Aerospace brakes. I’ll probably do a easy simple how to and I got some help from a few members on torque specs. I did call Aerospace and asked a ton of questions to ensure information I display is accurate. Brakes, steering and tires have to be 100% on any go fast build.

Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Alloy wheel Groupset
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle part Tire Bicycle tire

·
Registered
2002 Black Ford Lightning
199 Posts
Tested & cleaned my injectors. Made sure the solenoids were opening and closing. Then made sure all 8 were flowing and spraying equally. I used a injectors testing and cleaning tool. They hook up with alligator clips to 12v battery & the other side plugs into the injectors. Then there's a plastic piece with a small narrow hole big enough for a carburetor cleaner tube to go into one side. The other side slides onto the top of the injectors with the oring. Put power to them and spray carb cleaner until the injectors spray equally even. Kind of messy but gets the job done.
Vision care Eyelash Eyewear Material property Cosmetics

·
11 Second Club
15,085 Posts
Walked past it again…..

Turned back around and said I’ll have you running again….

·
Slevin
1,022 Posts
cleaned up my mess from the weekend so I could get my wifes car back in the garage
ordered some hotchkis shocks

·
Registered
2002 Harley Davidson F-150
65 Posts
Drove it, and took another chance of hydrolocking the motor (badly leaking head gasket) since I didn't have a choice due to my civic not being legal to drive.

10421 - 10440 of 10472 Posts