Lightning Rodder banner
10381 - 10400 of 10431 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Have a source on one? Struggling to find anything for the bed style we have.
Unfortunately no . Dude is on IG but haven’t seen any posted since the few he had when I bought this one about a year ago

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,217 Posts
Unfortunately no . Dude is on IG but haven’t seen any posted since the few he had when I bought this one about a year ago
I know at one time Joel was gonna make some but I didn't come off my ICT roll pan for him to make a mold. Kind of kicking myself in hindsight.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I know at one time Joel was gonna make some but I didn't come off my ICT roll pan for him to make a mold. Kind of kicking myself in hindsight.
Probably would’ve been better quality than this one . I’ll add some fiberglass to the backside of this for sure but it still looks better then some I’ve looked at

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Got around to compoundimg and polishing a couple more pieces of my ground effects. The 2 biggest pieces may just get polished. Lol. Hipefully this upcoming week i will get more done and spray the grill surround and the front bumper cover. Then i may finally start putting it back together. Woohoo!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Got around to compoundimg and polishing a couple more pieces of my ground effects. The 2 biggest pieces may just get polished. Lol. Hipefully this upcoming week i will get more done and spray the grill surround and the front bumper cover. Then i may finally start putting it back together. Woohoo! View attachment 545000 View attachment 545001 View attachment 545002
Looks like we need a “paint-off” between you and the O.G. LR painter, Mr. Proctor! Haha

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Looks like we need a “paint-off” between you and the O.G. LR painter, Mr. Proctor! Haha
Lol. Oh hands down no contest. It wldnt even be close. Mr proctor wld win. Im a backyard beginner that is just getting better. He is a pro and does it for a living i think. I seem to be getting nice results but im having to do some cut and buff on everything. Or maybe im just being a little to anal. I am also really enjoying painting. I like learning new things like this. Just did some candy spray outs for my dads bronco and they looked amazing! Cant wait to do other projects

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,992 Posts
Yeah, Lee does it for a living. He's the guy who salvaged the cowl hood on my Lightning from a hail dented bad paint F-150. And made it into what it is today.

Attachments

Reactions: B4Thunder03

·
10,992 Posts
I had to clean a bunch of rubber off mine today as well. Didn't even realize I was doing burnouts. Must've happened last Sunday night during the Sunday Cruise Air Depot night. Didn't think it was possible with long bars, 12.5 rims and 345 M & H tires on my setup. But the rubber was there on both sides. Those M & H tires shed rubber bad. Back of the truck is always coated with black powder.

·
Slevin
1,014 Posts
Waiting on parts and time, as usual

Missed taking it to the new fast and furious premier because it is not currently running

Reactions: Mrjexer and stoffer

·
Registered
2004 Sonic Blue Truck is # 3348 of 3781 built on 05/03/2004
3,217 Posts
Waiting on parts and time, as usual

Missed taking it to the new fast and furious premier because it is not currently running

I remember taking my 2000 to the first one. Good times.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Started on my cold side. My God the hot side took forever...... Deciding on MAF placement. Blow through or draw through. Leaning towards draw through. More tubing/work but I hear it's better.

·
10,992 Posts
Started assembling all the bits and pieces of a Mad Enterprises Transmission Cooler kit. Bought it from Bruce (Boss Hoss) Nice kit, everything that's needed is included. Just need to figure out where the 45 and 90 degree red/blue AN fittings go in the system. Made a thread asking for pics if anyone on here has an installed system.

Reactions: Mrjexer

·
Stock Block [email protected]
3,276 Posts
Cleaned all the burnt rubber off it, then washed it. :D
Probably change the oil this weekend, it's been 15 miles. lol
kind of normal to find some partials in the first oil change.
Yea but 1st oil change was at 25 miles and was pretty clean. 2nd oil change had some swirl in it which led me to open up the filter..... my stick magnet was picking up all that stuff.....

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
11,945 Posts
Does the swirl in the oil look like fuel or metal?

Change it again, give it a couple hard wacks on the throttle, you need to seat those rings.

10381 - 10400 of 10431 Posts