Lightning Rodder banner

10221 - 10240 of 10277 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Here’s what I did today.
I went to my moms to sort through all the left over L parts from the one I totaled 16 years ago. since I have another L now, I figured I would bring all the parts back to my house.
I was looking for my factory leaf springs because my current L has problems with the passenger side. I did NOT find them unfortunately. They must have grown legs and walked off. Oh well.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Just about finished my 5” cold air intake.

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Got my new stuff from stifflers! Put em together and now im waitimg on the conversion kit. They didnt ask when i ordered if i was going from regular set up to coilover so i had to get the "kit" extra to bolt em in. So waiting on that. Cant wait though.. View attachment 543710
Those look great man!!! Are you using these with stiffler UCA's and LCA's? Talked with Jeff wallace about a set up like this. My truck needs a whole new suspension setup. Never touched it since ive owned it (11 years). Has an Eibach lowering kit (springs in the front, hangers out back) on it and has always rode like shit lol... Needs to be a bit lower as well.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Sent a bunch of stuff to get painted.

Front bumper and lower grill.. Had the licence pre holes filled in years ago but whatever material the other painter used, sunk it and has always bugged me. Also some minor scratches and road crap from the years.

Interior pieces to match my radio bezel piece. Smoothed and painted flood black. It'll give the interior some different types/styles of black.

Waiting on fuel lines for Tim @ hose hustler.

Have new Walbro 255 pumps and Josh's wiring kit to go in. Going to do it all at once.

Also new fog lights going in went bumper gets back along with new LED head light bulbs... So be the last bulbs to change to LED.

Going to start looking at suspension stuff shortly... Get truck riding better and a bit lower. It needs some attention. Bump stop have tried up and are gone 🤦.. Time for a total refresh.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Those look great man!!! Are you using these with stiffler UCA's and LCA's? Talked with Jeff wallace about a set up like this. My truck needs a whole new suspension setup. Never touched it since ive owned it (11 years). Has an Eibach lowering kit (springs in the front, hangers out back) on it and has always rode like shit lol... Needs to be a bit lower as well.
Yeah, i have everything stifflers makes for our truck. These are the last piece of the front. I already had the uca and lca. Ive still got the factory shocks and springs in cause of the 1 inch drop from stifflers lca. I was afraid my shoxks wld be too long for 2-3 inches of drop. Had Eibach springs and no isos up front before the lca went in. Shooting for somewhere between 16-17 inches from center cap to fender. Hope it rides as good as they look!

Reactions: blackbeauty7

·
Registered
941 Posts
@blackbeauty7. Im in the same boat with the body work. Ive got my primer, paint, and clear coat here and waiting on the weather to start cooperating. Ima be doin the grill surround, front bumper cover, all the ground effects, radiator cover, and my hard shell bedcover. After all that i may follow your lead with some of the interior parts. Got the entire front end apart right now. Lol. Just waiting on good weather gota start prepping parts soon. Got my new upper black grill mounted also. Got a SVT emblem ima put in the lower right corner. Still not sure if ima paint match the grill or not. Its black just not UA paint code black. Kind of a semi flat.

·
Registered
283 Posts
@blackbeauty7. Im in the same boat with the body work. Ive got my primer, paint, and clear coat here and waiting on the weather to start cooperating. Ima be doin the grill surround, front bumper cover, all the ground effects, radiator cover, and my hard shell bedcover. After all that i may follow your lead with some of the interior parts. Got the entire front end apart right now. Lol. Just waiting on good weather gota start prepping parts soon. Got my new upper black grill mounted also. Got a SVT emblem ima put in the lower right corner. Still not sure if ima paint match the grill or not. Its black just not UA paint code black. Kind of a semi flat. View attachment 543729 View attachment 543730
I had my grills painted UA gloss black. Much better for the stock grey plastic colour.

My truck is currently on jack stands and the front all apart as well.

Hopefully my fuel lines show up this weekend and I can get that done.

Will probably be a few weeks to get my bumper and interior parts back.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
finally got the knuckles ground dow. Enough I could get the caliper brackets mounted correctly and the front calipers on.

I also got the front sway bar mounted back up and the stifflers end links put in but I didn’t take a pic of that.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Finished getting the proper size shims under my tensioner plungers. I've got approx .050" free play and ground off the locking ratchets. Also got the best Boundary pump in there. High flow, high pressure, ported gear, coated, etc... Getting this engine in asap

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Nice work! You should be ready for summer!

Reactions: Painless Autoworks

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
looks good. Where did you relocate the overflow tank to?
Mounted it to the air box behind. I gotta say. I could never put my hand on the blower after driving it was so hot. Intake has drastically lowered case temps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Indirectly related.... I had a Eastwood gift card and used it to buy some powder coating supplies. I figured I might as well start doing my own. Even can utilize the old stove we just replaced.

Attachments

Reactions: Boss Hoss

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Just use the oven in the house when nobody is home...lol
🤣
I prefer I didn’t have the Mrs. chop off my junk....hahaha

Plus this one has a larger single oven capacity, compared to the new double oven we just got. I may or may not have pushed that we needed a new oven for this reason...

·
Registered
941 Posts
Got my new coilovers installed! Thought i had them set at the highest setting for ride height, stupid me forgot how they worked so my truck was super low. Lol. Tm i gota raise em up more cause i can just barley fit my hand between the tire and fender. Like an inch to 1.5 inches. Lol. Oh well. Heres some pics

10221 - 10240 of 10277 Posts