Lightning Rodder banner

10121 - 10140 of 10164 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Nothing major here at all but man what a pain in a butt when it’s just you by yourself. Took the cab off the frame and moved it to the cart I made the other night. Put the engine back between the rails and will hopefully get the T56 bolted up tomorrow night. I have a stifflers crossmember so have to see if I can use it, modify it or toss it all together.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,713 Posts
What are those? I haven't the foggiest idea.

Reactions: blackbeauty7

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
What are those? I haven't the foggiest idea.
They appear to be smoked lens fog lights. But it’s early and my coffee is still kicking in....

Reactions: blackbeauty7

·
Registered
265 Posts
They appear to be smoked lens fog lights. But it’s early and my coffee is still kicking in....
Must be bad coffee!

·
10,713 Posts
I thought they might be that. The three mounting bolts are in the right place, but the factory mounts use ball sockets to put them on, not allen head bolts. And they are not incandescent in any event. LED?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I thought they might be that. The three mounting bolts are in the right place, but the factory mounts use ball sockets to put them on, not allen head bolts. And they are not incandescent in any event. LED?
Description

Improve your SVT Lightning's lighting by upgrading your halogen fog lights to the Morimoto XB LED Ford 4" fog lights.

You'll receive:
  • 2 fog light brackets and location bushings
  • 2 fog light bezels (this makes the fogs fill the 5" holes)
  • Washers to shim the lights into the correct height
  • Mounting hardware to attach the fog lights to the brackets
  • Morimoto XB Ford 4" fog lights
  • The fog lights will have the correct connector to plug in to the factory fog light plug
  • Electrical connections are crimped, heat shrinked, and pigtails protected in an insulation sleeve.
  • Adapter brackets and hardware that directly fit the SVT Lightning

Installation Video:

·
10 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,602 Posts
Geez i really need a set of these

I finished up my tune with woodbine and now can actually enjoy the truck a little before I pull the blower off for porting
Why tune, just to retune it?

·
10 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,602 Posts
Had to redo the tune for the catless mid pipe. Was just a check engine light on, nothing major.
But it'll need it again when you port the blower

·
10,713 Posts
Scored this Brettco Tensioner on FB for $100 :D

View attachment 543236
I have that exact part. You'll love it. Pro tip, when making adjustments, only slightly loosen the center allen bolt. Do not over loosen it to the point the arm wiggles fore and aft. After adjusting, then snug it up. It doesn't need to be tightened to German torque specs, just snugged up. If you play with the center bolt before installing, you'll know what to do when it's on the truck. If you cannot get it properly adjusted as it sits now, take the face cover off and relocate the peg on the adjustment arm in between two different ball bearings. The adjustment range on these is incredible. Only take the tensioner arm off with the part sitting flat on a bench. There are two different size ball bearings in it, and they need to be in the proper location. If it's not flat on a bench, they will go flying everywhere when you take it apart. I don't have to describe what a PITA that would be. ;-)

·
grease monkey
703 Posts
Got my 20” reps back from weldcraft, need to get the tires mounted on on the truck this weekend. Widened to 20x11 and running a 315/35/20 in the back

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Got my 20” reps back from weldcraft, need to get the tires mounted on on the truck this weekend. Widened to 20x11 and running a 315/35/20 in the back
Would love to see a few pictures of the work Weldcraft did...since Eric Vaughn isn't doing widening anymore I'd like to see what Weldcraft is doing these days as I've got a couple more wheels I need widened.

·
10,713 Posts
Would love to see a few pictures of the work Weldcraft did...since Eric Vaughn isn't doing widening anymore I'd like to see what Weldcraft is doing these days as I've got a couple more wheels I need widened.
I have two stock rims widened to 12.5, and two cut down to 7.0. The welds are what one could call Beautiful. Anytime I've had them in a tire shop getting shoes, it's always commented on how nice the work is.

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
11,552 Posts
Robert, don't take this wrong...
You have an alignment issue, when was the last time you had your truck aligned to spec?

·
Carbon Fiber Addict
12,793 Posts
I have that exact part. You'll love it. Pro tip, when making adjustments, only slightly loosen the center allen bolt. Do not over loosen it to the point the arm wiggles fore and aft. After adjusting, then snug it up. It doesn't need to be tightened to German torque specs, just snugged up. If you play with the center bolt before installing, you'll know what to do when it's on the truck. If you cannot get it properly adjusted as it sits now, take the face cover off and relocate the peg on the adjustment arm in between two different ball bearings. The adjustment range on these is incredible. Only take the tensioner arm off with the part sitting flat on a bench. There are two different size ball bearings in it, and they need to be in the proper location. If it's not flat on a bench, they will go flying everywhere when you take it apart. I don't have to describe what a PITA that would be. ;-)
It's a nice piece for sure, been having an issue lately with the stock tensioner having too much play at WOT. Also just got the new Gates GT4 belt, supposed to have much stronger materials than the previous gens and it's a bit wider than the previous belts, completely fills the width of the pulleys now so it should make the cogs a bit louder.

10121 - 10140 of 10164 Posts