Lightning Rodder banner

10101 - 10120 of 10164 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Swapping fuel pumps. Dropping the tank is a pain in the ass. I seriously commend some of y'all for being able to do it so quickly!
Thats why i made an access hole in mine. A few small bolts and cover comes off and tada there is the fuel hat.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thats why i made an access hole in mine. A few small bolts and cover comes off and tada there is the fuel hat. View attachment 543084 View attachment 543085
Thats why i made an access hole in mine. A few small bolts and cover comes off and tada there is the fuel hat. View attachment 543084 View attachment 543085
Damn it man ill have to do that next time. Between the bed cover, liner and bed mat i felt it was too much of a pain to remove all that just to lift the bed. also with that i can cut the bed and no one will ever see it. good thinking!

Reactions: cbxer55

·
Registered
847 Posts
Damn it man ill have to do that next time. Between the bed cover, liner and bed mat i felt it was too much of a pain to remove all that just to lift the bed. also with that i can cut the bed and no one will ever see it. good thinking!
I had a fuel hose rupture in the tank above the Y at a shitty place and time for it to happen. Was just a major pain to remove the bed or drop the tank at the time because of where i was. I decided while i had my bed off doin some rear suspension stuff id make that access hole just incase for future use. Like u said bed cover and mat, no one will see it so no big deal. Plus if i need in there for any reason now its no sweat. Im suprised no one had done this well before now.

·
Registered
205 Posts

First startup with new blower. If you look closely the belt is walking off the pulley by only one rib. I am having an alignment issue somewhere, but hadn't had problems with the MP bridge or lower pulley on the last 2 blowers i ran (Stock and Ported Eaton) so it leads me to believe its the KB somehow.

I was thinking going to 10-rib upper but from what I understand thats not possible? Stan mentioned possibly my lower is on the wrong way so Im at a standstill.

Im also swapping the upper pulley to a 3.5-inch upper so not keeping the baby pulley on.

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
11,552 Posts
Did you press the pulley on all the way?
Did you use the dowels intake> mid-plate> supercharger?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Dowels are used. Pulley didn’t need to be pressed on. Used to pulley tool to swap it and it comes right on/off.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Update, the MP Bridge was shimmed and everything is good now. My only suspicion is the previous uppers I used had a lip in which allowed the belt to stay on track, although everything was still misaligned. The KB pulley doesn't allow room for error.

Reactions: TP 112 and Dusten

·
Registered
205 Posts
Your truck have trick flow heads? If so, did they use the 8mm studs?
no sir stock heads. i read the threads on the MP Bridges and thought that wasn't my problem since it worked on my last two blowers. But with the help of Stan, and a bunch of pictures and measurements we decided to shim the bridge. and thankfully it worked, because I was losing my fucking mind! 😂

·
10 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,602 Posts
I moved mine outside to work on my daily. But it's back

Reactions: slo50stang

·
11.42 @119.87 Stock Block
2,955 Posts
That looks nice I love all the little touches that make your truck younique

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Received my CJ crank yesterday for the next build.
D9464147-5272-4077-A9E4-499FA97C7550.jpeg

And for you Chevy guys, my custom cowl hood arrived for my TBSS.
8FF7D19F-AD55-436A-8C2F-D289A87231BB.jpeg

·
11,552 Posts
If you can find a machine shop that will drill and tap the crank...

ARP Stud AQ5.250-1LB
ARP Washer 200-8545
ARP Nut 300-8325

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
If you can find a machine shop that will drill and tap the crank...

ARP Stud AQ5.250-1LB
ARP Washer 200-8545
ARP Nut 300-8325
My uncle has been involved with some local machine shops/engine builders and they are highly recommended in the NY area. I have no problems sending it ther to get it modified there.

·
11,552 Posts
I painted the rivets that hold the rear window, Turned out nice..
Pressure tested the intercooler system and the core is leaking. 🤬
Sounds like you pulled a nail out of a tire.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I painted the rivets that hold the rear window, Turned out nice..
Pressure tested the intercooler system and the core is leaking. 🤬
Sounds like you pulled a nail out of a tire.

View attachment 543178
Looks good!
Too bad about the IC core, but better to find it now before you set that monster loose!

10101 - 10120 of 10164 Posts