Lightning Rodder banner

10081 - 10100 of 10164 Posts

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
11,552 Posts
Finished up the oil change, loaded up the break in tune.
Now I need is some decent weather and this cold to go away...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Removing 97 Fuel rail w/ Regulator, Fuel lines, stock heater hoses, Steig ported blower, C&L Plenum and Thundertube. Also removing stock pumps.

Adding 2.3 KB (painted), JLP Plenum and C&L Elbow (Both powdercoated), Motoblue rails, Aeromotive regulator, AN fuel lines, Heater hoses, IC lines, PCV and catch can hoses from @SVTim79. Twin 255's going in also.

Test fitted the plenum and it looks like Ill have to hit the firewall with my purse a little bit to get it to fit. Gonna hopefully have the tank dropped by Thursday. Have everything up and running by early next week.

Once its running, gonna get a cooling system flush, and datalogs of course.

·
10 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,602 Posts
That's the smallest upper I've ever seen lol

·
Registered
205 Posts
That's the smallest upper I've ever seen lol
Yeah its not gonna stay on. Im on stock internals so Im putting the stock sized pulley back on with the 6-lb lower. I powder coated the pulley too. Ill be pushing the limits as it will sit. I plan on going built, just not quite ready yet

·
10 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,602 Posts
I had a pulley machined by bob browning for mine and then found out it wasn't for a 2.3. It's still sitting on my shelf.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Removing 97 Fuel rail w/ Regulator, Fuel lines, stock heater hoses, Steig ported blower, C&L Plenum and Thundertube. Also removing stock pumps.

Adding 2.3 KB (painted), JLP Plenum and C&L Elbow (Both powdercoated), Motoblue rails, Aeromotive regulator, AN fuel lines, Heater hoses, IC lines, PCV and catch can hoses from @SVTim79. Twin 255's going in also.

View attachment 543007
View attachment 543008

Test fitted the plenum and it looks like Ill have to hit the firewall with my purse a little bit to get it to fit. Gonna hopefully have the tank dropped by Thursday. Have everything up and running by early next week.

Once its running, gonna get a cooling system flush, and datalogs of course.
While you doing all that might as well clean the intercooler

·
Registered
205 Posts
Got Tim's heater hoses installed. Look much cleaner and how they should've been from Ford. Got fuel lines built and routed as well as Tim's IC lines routed and hidden from its regular position. Also got his catch can hose kit. Massaged firewall for blower fitment. Got to fix some vacuum line routing and plan on dropping the tank and installing the fuel pumps tomorrow. Im not removing the bed before anyone asks, lol

Reactions: utlong31

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ok i nearly have the to end buttoned up. I notice that the boost actuator on the KB has one port pointing towards the intake. My stock actuator had two ports on in front and one in back. Will this be an issue or can i just plug the now open vacuum line? I believe i had two lines on my stock actuator prior to the swap, but my heads a little foggy

·
10 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,602 Posts
You can plug the vacuum line. It'll be the small nipple on the intake elbow.

Reactions: Boss Hoss

·
Registered
205 Posts
You can plug the vacuum line. It'll be the small nipple on the intake elbow.
So the vac line that runs behind the blower is the one that needs to be connected? That goes around to the plenum doesn't it?

·
10 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,602 Posts
The one that connects to the actuator should come off the midplate.
The midplate has a large vacuum fitting with 2 lines coming out of it. 1 goes to the fuel regulator. The other goes to the actuator. These are both in need of vacuum and boost. This line also t's to the boost gauge.
All other lines under the hood are vacuum only.

Reactions: slo50stang

·
Registered
205 Posts
Swapping fuel pumps. Dropping the tank is a pain in the ass. I seriously commend some of y'all for being able to do it so quickly!

·
10 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,602 Posts
I don't. I pull the bed

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't. I pull the bed
I thought about doing that as well. It seems 6 in one hand, held dozen in the other. With my hard bed cover, bed liner and bed mat I felt it was too much of a hassle to remove all that just to yank the bed. Next time ill prepare better, haha

·
10 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,602 Posts
I learned something today...., I've had a vacuum/boost line hooked up incorrectly for a very long time..
Yes, I had the actuator line hooked up to the plenum. 🙄
Truck always seem to lose boost on the big end, Now I know why.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Reactions: Certified Drunk

·
10 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,602 Posts
Knew I wasn't going to be able to trim these and not have them look like shit. So I just pulled them.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Man I wish we had some colder weather here, it was 85 in south Florida.

Not exactly on the lightning but for the lightning at least. Had my 3 yr old help with it as well. We made a rolling dolly if you will so we can finally lift the cab or bed off and roll it around the garage while I work on the frame sections now. Super proud of my kid, not only did he remain fully interested the entire time but also got the hang of the tools pretty quick. Proud dad moment.

10081 - 10100 of 10164 Posts