Lightning Rodder banner

9921 - 9940 of 10035 Posts

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,303 Posts
he used to produce his own rotor hats. But he says now that due to the low volume of the kits he no longer produces them. It looks like he buys willwood hats and then machines them to fit our bolt pattern instead of the bolt pattern they come drilled for

Reactions: Fast Willy

·
Registered
526 Posts
that’s right, completely forgot that because I did t get my hubs from them.
Why did you go the route of Aerospace hubs versus the whole kit from TCE? That just seems counterproductive when TCE supplies everything you need if you are going with a 14", 15" or 16" kit.

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,303 Posts
Why did you go the route of Aerospace hubs versus the whole kit from TCE? That just seems counterproductive when TCE supplies everything you need if you are going with a 14", 15" or 16" kit.
Bolt pattern is my guess

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I changed bolt patterns. I went to a 5x4.5 bolt pattern so I could fit the welds I wanted and just have a better bolt pattern for wheels overall.

After talking with Todd at TCE for a while over this he said he wouldn’t have any issue making a rotor fit but he didn’t have the ability to make the hubs so I had to outsource them. hence the aerospace stuff.

I knew they had no problem making them for our trucks but their drag brakes left a lot to be desired for my use.

Reactions: Dusten

·
Registered
526 Posts
I changed bolt patterns. I went to a 5x4.5 bolt pattern so I could fit the welds I wanted and just have a better bolt pattern for wheels overall.

After talking with Todd at TCE for a while over this he said he wouldn’t have any issue making a rotor fit but he didn’t have the ability to make the hubs so I had to outsource them. hence the aerospace stuff.

I knew they had no problem making them for our trucks but their drag brakes left a lot to be desired for my use.
Yea, I now remember you mentioning the bolt pattern. Makes total sense now.

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,303 Posts
No. No idea at all.

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,303 Posts
A lot of the questions you ask are why I bought a kit. I didn't want to worry about things. I wanted to bolt it on, and have it work. Todd's built tons of these kits. They all work.

·
Slevin
994 Posts
Put some sound deadening on the doors, planned to go back to speakers powered by the head unit since I haven't had a working radio in years

Reactions: Dusten

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,303 Posts
Followed @dameon911 write up and installed my hydroboost today. The -6an - 5/16 adapter isn't here so one hose is missing, but it's basically done.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
@Dusten do you have bigger cams in the truck? After talking to Todd at TCE he’s pretty much talked me into hydroboost not really being necessary unless your running bigger cams or a turbo car that doesn’t create nearly the vacuum as a blower setup.

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,303 Posts
@Dusten do you have bigger cams in the truck? After talking to Todd at TCE he’s pretty much talked me into hydroboost not really being necessary unless your running bigger cams or a turbo car that doesn’t create nearly the vacuum as a blower setup.
Ya. I only see about 9" of vacuum at idle.
Even if for nothing else it'll increase pedal feel and it looks better.

·
local painter
3,149 Posts
I need help installing my hood... also I need oneAthem batteries like Dustin gots...
DA9A653F-D552-4B5B-BA72-4B61E0DDFA92.jpeg
5F6AEBC2-8EEB-403D-9AAA-A601BA516F9F.jpeg
9065F090-3D8D-4F93-8849-2F7E16A3465D.jpeg

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,303 Posts
Looks good man
That northstar battery was $$$ but it fucking works awesome

Reactions: Leeproctor83

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Ya. I only see about 9" of vacuum at idle.
Even if for nothing else it'll increase pedal feel and it looks better.
no doubt about that

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,303 Posts
Fedex can eat my ass
I ordered a fitting from summit. It's been at the sparks facility for fedex since the 30th.

Reactions: B4Thunder03

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Fedex can eat my ass
I ordered a fitting from summit. It's been at the sparks facility for fedex since the 30th.
Based on the few things I've ordered lately I can tell you that USPS is no better...been waiting on a clutch kit for a bike from Florida coming Priority Mail since the 30th, latest update was on Jan. 1st and it just says, "Delivery will be delayed."

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
11,303 Posts
ya, my fedex said due yesterday, but then yesterday it updated to no date available. it left sparks finally, and I'm only a day or 2 away, so hopefully Thursday. I need it to fix the fuel system, which I need done to start the truck to bleed the hydroboost.

9921 - 9940 of 10035 Posts