Lightning Rodder banner

9741 - 9760 of 9824 Posts

·
700/800 Club
1,335 Posts
Motor pulled out and torn down. Two broken rods and a hole in the block.

Bed comes off next for a full course of mods to support the build.
20201023_132404[1].jpg 20201027_160632[1].jpg 20201027_161113[1].jpg

·
Registered
348 Posts
Added some Decals over the Original emblems
Not bad for under $20

·
Registered
557 Posts

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
My daughter has her first softball game tomorrow and asked me to bring the truck to it. She's at her mom's for the week so I decided to surprise her and shine it up a little.

Does anyone have a source for the oem battery cover?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Your daughter sounds just like my daughter when she was in elementary school and I had just bought our Gen 1. She loved it when I would drive the Gen 1 to pick her up after school. I bought her a Gen 2 when she turned 16 and she would always take the Lightning to school when the weather was nice. She said the boys would always look at her when she rumbled in and out of school. They all knew who she was because of the Lightning. Great stuff.

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
Due to the current lightning market she won't getting one lol. But we've discussed a 2v new edge.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I stared at mine and wished my 2.3 KB, Plenum, Intake, Fuel Pumps/harness and return line would install themselves, lmao 😂

Just needing the time off and the downtime on the truck do get it installed. Damn adulting.

Reactions: Dusten

·
Registered
942 Posts
68° degrees here in November....wishing the toys weren’t put away for the winter!! :rolleyes:

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
Reactions: DGladhill

·
local painter
3,048 Posts
Did the crossover today
CEBA9BD8-DFD8-4036-999A-730BCA9BB3D4.jpeg

·
Registered
942 Posts
68° degrees here in November....wishing the toys weren’t put away for the winter!! :rolleyes:
Problem is, we had a dusting of snow and all the jackasses that lived here all their lives, cause accidents, so they layed salt already on some of the local roads. Not worth re-cleaning them for a quick ride.

·
11 second street truck
2001 Ford Lightning
10,983 Posts
Problem is, we had a dusting of snow and all the jackasses that lived here all their lives, cause accidents, so they layed salt already on some of the local roads. Not worth re-cleaning them for a quick ride.
We don't have that issue thankfully

·
Registered
2002 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson Edition
302 Posts

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,630 Posts
just been itching, truck loaded up in race trim, waiting to race! Spookfest cancelled, so looks like it's off to the next T&T day!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Damn I wish I lived close to lighting owners who know how to pull motors. I could definitely use the help.
What’s the issue? It’s not too difficult...dona search on here and you should have plenty of tips to do it right. Unbolting the trans can be a pain...
As long as you have a good hoist, the rest is just a matter of taking your time.
-Id mark and remove the hood, although some have left it on.
-Back out the accelerator bolts from underneath the dash so you don’t destroy the Drivers cam cover upon removal and installation.
-Pull off the Longtubes (if you have them)
-Remove the supercharger and upper intake, fan(s), unbolt A/C and support on frame,

All the rest is some bolts, wiring harnesses, and finessing the long block out. Take your time.

Reactions: 02 H/D

·
Member Senior
181 Posts
"Does anyone have a source for the oem battery cover?"

I saw a couple at the yard last week when I was there getting me a new short block and '97 window surround. Want me to get you one?

9741 - 9760 of 9824 Posts