Lightning Rodder banner

9681 - 9700 of 9715 Posts

·
11 second street truck
10,780 Posts
Took it in for an alignment. Needs adjustable uppers. It never fucking ends.

Reactions: blacklaser94

·
Registered
339 Posts

·
11 second street truck
10,780 Posts
As the trucks finally at it's permanent ride height and mostly aligned I decided to set the pinion angle. It's -1.5* now with preload set on my stifflers bars. I had to install a 3* shim.

Took a few under carriage pics

·
11 second street truck
10,780 Posts
Installed my replacement northstar battery. Wired up my battery tender. Sent eric a few idle datalogs on e85

Reactions: P_Franko03

·
11 second street truck
10,780 Posts
Loaded up the final revision of my e85 tune.
Put the truck on the lift and fixed my exhaust rattle.
Gapped an ls powered gmc with big drag radials bad enough he wouldn't look at me after.

·
Slevin
967 Posts
Got the stripped dipstick bolt hole tapped and replaced the bolt for it.

Adjusted the long bars and noticed that I need to have my exhaust modified because one pipe just barely touches without any weight in it.

Trying to get the power steering res relocation on.
Edit, got it on.

·
11 second street truck
10,780 Posts

New power steering res.
Removed the airbox.
New pulley bridge.
New led fog lights

·
Registered
702 Posts
Looks good. Why did you take off the air box? Doesnt it help negate some of the under hood heat?

·
11 second street truck
10,780 Posts
We'll see. At cruise I was at or near ambient. I doubt it'll be any different. And it was a fucking eye sore.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Lol. Yeah, i can see how it wld be. Looks better without. You sld paint match(or just a gloss black) your radiator cover. I think it wld finish out ur engine bay nicely👍👍

·
Registered
922 Posts

·
11 second street truck
10,780 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,482 Posts
Looks good. Why did you take off the air box? Doesnt it help negate some of the under hood heat?
That's not an "airbox", it's simply a heat shield. And Dusten is correct, looks much better without it. I don't know about anyone else's, but my filter has never gotten that hot to begin with. So why keep ugly?

·
11 second street truck
10,780 Posts
It's a heat shield that with my hood doesn't even seal against the hood.

Reactions: cbxer55

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,482 Posts
@jblot is on here and he makes them.
He doesn't make the reservoir. He makes brackets to locate the stock reservoir to the studs on the front of the motor. The Reservoir is a Summit item, obviously. It says so right on the part.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
He doesn't make the reservoir. He makes brackets to locate the stock reservoir to the studs on the front of the motor. The Reservoir is a Summit item, obviously. It says so right on the part.
I sell the reservoir powdercoated with brackets

9681 - 9700 of 9715 Posts