Lightning Rodder banner

9481 - 9500 of 9517 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,227 Posts
I’ll look into that. I’m going to reroute the intercooler hoses while everything is off. Dropped the intake off at the machine shop this afternoon to have the heater inlet drilled and threaded. Not going through this crap again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you get those intercooler lines from SVT Tim? He makes the nicest set of ic lines available. Long enough to go around to the fender, so you can ditch the hard lines on the blower. And they have a mesh like covering on them, just really nice hoses. I bought the full four piece set and replaced all of them, even the two down low under the bumper.

Then his shorty heater hoses and PCV hose set. Just all really nice stuff.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Those lower lights look grungy. Need to put some HIDs in them as well.
I ended up swapping out the oxidized fogs shortly after I did the headlights. Now I need to address the oxidized tails...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reactions: cbxer55

·
Registered
373 Posts
Did you get those intercooler lines from SVT Tim? He makes the nicest set of ic lines available. Long enough to go around to the fender, so you can ditch the hard lines on the blower. And they have a mesh like covering on them, just really nice hoses. I bought the full four piece set and replaced all of them, even the two down low under the bumper.

Then his shorty heater hoses and PCV hose set. Just all really nice stuff.
No I haven’t I got rid of the metal lines but now I’m going to tuck them.

·
10,227 Posts
No I haven’t I got rid of the metal lines but now I’m going to tuck them.

Get rid of the metal lines. They're small and attached to the blower, which gets hot. They just end up transferring heat back to that which you're trying to keep cool. Plus the blower ends up looking much cleaner without them there.

Reactions: 2001SVT

·
10,227 Posts
I’ll look into that. I’m going to reroute the intercooler hoses while everything is off. Dropped the intake off at the machine shop this afternoon to have the heater inlet drilled and threaded. Not going through this crap again.

Here's a picture of both sides of the blower without all the junk on the sides.

Attachments

Reactions: 2001SVT

·
Registered
276 Posts
Nice who did your lights?
I did them using write-ups from the F150 and Expy forums. Along with parts from The Retrofit Source. All together it was somewhere south of $300 and a weekends work.
I went the hard route and chose larger projector housings that required cutting the backs off and grafting PVC to the Depo housings in order deepen them and clear the lens. There is a smaller projector that drops right in without cutting, but I didn't like how small it looked.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reactions: 02 H/D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Screenshot_20200725-115524~2.png
anyone recognize this lightning? Maybe the owner is on here? I looks wild driving around Taunton mass today! Caged, carbon fiber parts and weld wheels.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Replaced this gasket with anaerobic sealant. Also installed my sanded and smoothed gloss black high mount stop light

Reactions: B4Thunder03

·
Registered
887 Posts
Technically yesterday, but saw a 03/04 Sonic Blue L in my town... First Lightning besides mine that I’ve seen around these parts in Western NY in a long time!
Anyone on here?

·
10 SECOND CLUB!
914 Posts
Sold it on Saturday

Reactions: TP 112

·
Registered
746 Posts

·
local painter
2,931 Posts
Painted another pair of OE steps.
DE6E520A-D8D8-4710-B6B2-020A3259DF16.jpeg
C1DE9988-4572-459D-9987-DDD93D927B37.jpeg
862C864D-2853-448F-A23D-A0CADEBC0334.jpeg
B8AAE766-28AD-4F60-8C30-6F2A16A809D4.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
638 Posts
Those look good. I was gona do mime but the back omes didnt have much meat to shave off the tread. Ended up fiberglassing the top to make em smooth b4 paint. Is there plenty of room for error on the front steps to sand off the tread? You can just semd me those if you want. My truck is black also. Lol

·
local painter
2,931 Posts
Those look good. I was gona do mime but the back omes didnt have much meat to shave off the tread. Ended up fiberglassing the top to make em smooth b4 paint. Is there plenty of room for error on the front steps to sand off the tread? You can just semd me those if you want. My truck is black also. Lol
You have to plastic weld the back side or use some repair material on the back to make it rigid.
4487EFCF-6E4C-40D6-8EEF-4BB992342D82.jpeg

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Drove it to work today. Feels great getting seat time again.

Can you spot what's missing?

Oh yeah, the door steps are going now that it's lower. Deciding on side skirts or custom tubes.

9481 - 9500 of 9517 Posts