Lightning Rodder banner

9461 - 9480 of 9517 Posts

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Finally getting my rear axle together.... Truetrac, full rebuild w/new gears, Dutchman axles, TA cover. All freshly powdercoated.

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Reactions: Painless Autoworks

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Today, I decided to delete my trailer package and take off the spare. Some weight reduction and cleaner look.

View attachment 539636
Nice!

I'm also ditching my spare and winch now that I changed my lug pattern. Spare is useless

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,227 Posts
Nice!

I'm also ditching my spare and winch now that I changed my lug pattern. Spare is useless
Truthfully, in all my years driving, since 76, I've never used a spare. A package of tubeless tire repair kit, a can of Fix-A-Flat and a small portable electric air pump that plugs in the the cig. lighter socket work for me. Last time I had a flat, came out from work at midnight, truck sagging like the hildabeast. Popped a can of F-A-F into it, then inflated it the rest of the way with the air pump, drove home. Took it to my friends station and got it plugged the next day.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Truthfully, in all my years driving, since 76, I've never used a spare. A package of tubeless tire repair kit, a can of Fix-A-Flat and a small portable electric air pump that plugs in the the cig. lighter socket work for me. Last time I had a flat, came out from work at midnight, truck sagging like the hildabeast. Popped a can of F-A-F into it, then inflated it the rest of the way with the air pump, drove home. Took it to my friends station and got it plugged the next day.
Yeah, I agree with you. The "only" time I ever used a spare was a complete tire failure from a pothole getting onto the expressway.

·
10,227 Posts
Yeah, I agree with you. The "only" time I ever used a spare was a complete tire failure from a pothole getting onto the expressway.
That reminded me, totally forgot about the incident. Was driving a 70 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400, picked up a railroad spike in the passenger side front tire. Yeah, used the spare. Totally forgot about that one.

·
Registered
2002 F150 Lightning
17 Posts
Drove north heading to small lightning meet at Daytona beach FL. Made it about and hour and my truck died. The 340 fuel pumps burned up another fuel pump inertia relay. Thankfully I bought 2. Didn't want to risk making it there and not home so turned around. Looks like 15 lightnings went on FB. Just ordered walboros and have a fuel wiring harness waiting to be put in.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Pulled the lower intake to fix my coolant leak. It was a learning experience. Thanks for the help Marty. Getting rid of the EGR and plugging the turkey pan while it’s out. EGR has always been a thorn in my side when working on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
"Finally" got my axle installed. Time to break in this new differential

Feels great having it moving again

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
"Finally" got my axle installed. Time to break in this new differential

Feels great having it moving again
Man that truck is clean. I wish there were aftermarket "lightning style" side skirts for the SCAB.

What rims are those?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,673 Posts

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Man that truck is clean. I wish there were aftermarket "lightning style" side skirts for the SCAB.

What rims are those?

Custom spec BC Forged wheels. 5x127 bolt pattern. They couldn't make a 5x135 pattern. Had to change pattern for the front brake swap anyway so it was no big deal.

Steps and headlights are next on my radar. Thinking of going with 3.5" tubes in satin black. Tuck them up close to the cab, not actual steps. They would run wheel well to wheel well. Headlights will be a winter project. Already have all the parts I need. Going with gloss black housings.

Truck is a 4x4 too

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went to the junkyard, grabbed an expy console, cleaned it up, rebuilt the pad, and sat in amazement staring at my work.

total cost of console - $14 with 30 day warranty (they are a dime a dozen out here)
Total cost of foam and vinyl - $15 (used wallaby black vinyl)

2 hours of my labor and here we are

And now it’s going to sit there for the next 6 months til I order up new foam, carpet, and upholstery for my seats to swap in the expy seat as well

lol

·
10,227 Posts
If your doing a HID retrofit... You won't be disappointed. Easily one of the best mods I've done.

Those lower lights look grungy. Need to put some HIDs in them as well.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Custom spec BC Forged wheels. 5x127 bolt pattern. They couldn't make a 5x135 pattern. Had to change pattern for the front brake swap anyway so it was no big deal.

Steps and headlights are next on my radar. Thinking of going with 3.5" tubes in satin black. Tuck them up close to the cab, not actual steps. They would run wheel well to wheel well. Headlights will be a winter project. Already have all the parts I need. Going with gloss black housings.

Truck is a 4x4 too
The truck looks great!!! Love the new sinister look!

I will be putting a set of SCAB HD side bars on mine once I can get them from another member and get them powder coated matte black.

·
10,227 Posts
Pulled the lower intake to fix my coolant leak. It was a learning experience. Thanks for the help Marty. Getting rid of the EGR and plugging the turkey pan while it’s out. EGR has always been a thorn in my side when working on it.

I ditched the EGR and the elbow on the back when I did a blower a blower swap in July 2018. Also took the power steering reservoir off the top of the engine and attached it to an angle on the driver's side of the fan shroud. Didn't even have to do anything to the hoses. Just take it off the engine, rotate it 90 degrees ccw and attach to the piece of "L' stock bolted to the shroud. Have to take the fan and shroud off to put the piece of angle on it though. Not a difficult task at all.

Reactions: utlong31

·
Registered
373 Posts
I ditched the EGR and the elbow on the back when I did a blower a blower swap in July 2018. Also took the power steering reservoir off the top of the engine and attached it to an angle on the driver's side of the fan shroud. Didn't even have to do anything to the hoses. Just take it off the engine, rotate it 90 degrees ccw and attach to the piece of "L' stock bolted to the shroud. Have to take the fan and shroud off to put the piece of angle on it though. Not a difficult task at all.
I’ll look into that. I’m going to reroute the intercooler hoses while everything is off. Dropped the intake off at the machine shop this afternoon to have the heater inlet drilled and threaded. Not going through this crap again.

9461 - 9480 of 9517 Posts