Lightning Rodder banner

9421 - 9440 of 9450 Posts

·
Slevin
962 Posts
Took off the slapper bars.
Ordered some stifflers long bars and some bump stops because mine seem to have disappeared

Reactions: 02 H/D and cbxer55

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,148 Posts
Took off the slapper bars.
Ordered some stifflers long bars and some bump stops because mine seem to have disappeared
Probably already rides better. Those slappers really make trucks ride rough. My front bump stops are toast. Likely just get the Energy Suspension items and put them on, here soon.

·
10,148 Posts
Have a ported and silencer plugged Eaton arriving tomorrow. Since the drive shaft and coupler ring on my MP are pretty much shot, and MP doesn't support them any longer, likely going to make a shelf decoration out of the pile of junk. I'm going to pull the snout off one more time, see if a weld shop can slap a weld on between the shaft and coupler ring. If that works, I'll keep it around as long as it works. And the ported Eaton will hold down a shelf as a backup.

·
Registered
131 Posts
made some progress on my black interior swap. just need 12fast4u to get back with me to buy some black seats and a center console!

·
10,148 Posts
Got Eaton in yesterday and tore it all part so I can take the case and the snout to be powder coated on Monday.

·
Slevin
962 Posts
Got the stifflers long bars on today.
My God what an improvement. I should've done this years ago!
Sadly the exhaust just slightly rests on the bar so I'll have to get that modified.

Reactions: cbxer55

·
10,148 Posts
Got the stifflers long bars on today.
My God what an improvement. I should've done this years ago!
Sadly the exhaust just slightly rests on the bar so I'll have to get that modified.
Aren't there different holes in the Stiffler's front bracket to allow you to raise and lower it a little? I think the JLP bars have longer brackets under the axle. Mine come nowhere near the exhaust. But, I'm not lowered to anywhere near the extent you may be. Although that will be changing in the near future.

Told you you'd like the ride better than slappers.

·
Slevin
962 Posts
Aren't there different holes in the Stiffler's front bracket to allow you to raise and lower it a little? I think the JLP bars have longer brackets under the axle. Mine come nowhere near the exhaust. But, I'm not lowered to anywhere near the extent you may be. Although that will be changing in the near future.

Told you you'd like the ride better than slappers.
You were right!
And no, the stifflers only have two holes on each bracket and I'm already on the lowest two so I'll have to modify some stuff or have it modified.
I'm 3/4 or 3/5 drop and when accelerating hard I get a lifting feeling a lot more than before

Reactions: cbxer55
9421 - 9440 of 9450 Posts