Lightning Rodder banner

9401 - 9420 of 9450 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Parts are off to get powder coated. Finished taping the coolant crossover mod. Should have parts back shortly along with Josh e-fan wiring kit and big 3 upgrade.

Attachments

·
11 second street truck
10,496 Posts
My coil packs showed up. That's the final part for getting this 4 month project wrapped up

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,148 Posts
Got it out and cruised the boulevard this evening. Put it away when it appeared Mother Nature was going to throw a tantrum. She did. Have to take the two skinny fronts off and have them flipped over inside out tomorrow or one day this week. Just depends on Mother Nature what day it gets done.

·
11 second street truck
10,496 Posts
Got it out and cruised the boulevard this evening. Put it away when it appeared Mother Nature was going to throw a tantrum. She did. Have to take the two skinny fronts off and have them flipped over inside out tomorrow or one day this week. Just depends on Mother Nature what day it gets done.
Still wearing out tires?

·
10,148 Posts
Still wearing out tires?
In a suitable amount of time, yes. I mean, the front tires are skinnier than the originals. They wear out the outer corners before the inners. I've never hit a curb or anything with the truck. Tires have no wiggle when up in the air. Neither front to back, or top to bottom. Only has 70,120 miles on it. When I put the original size tires on it, they don't wear like that. Only the skinny fronts do. Thinking maybe the toe in being set for 9.5 inch rims, may not be the same toe in required for seven inch rims. But, the wear isn't terrible all things considered. They have about 5000 miles on them at present. I simply remove them from the truck, take them to my friends shop and have him flip the tires over on the rims, inside out. Then another 5000 miles, rinse and repeat. I can live with it.

·
11 second street truck
10,496 Posts
Threw my new coils in today

·
Registered
1999 lightning
80 Posts
My 01 5.4 f150 final spit a plug couple weeks ago. 210k of hard miles I drove it like my lightning. Haven’t got around to fixin it yet. It’s my beat up, back up work truck these day’s.

·
10,148 Posts
My 01 5.4 f150 final spit a plug couple weeks ago. 210k of hard miles I drove it like my lightning. Haven’t got around to fixin it yet. It’s my beat up, back up work truck these day’s.
I have an old 98 V-6 Ranger for the same purpose. Drive it hard, put it away wet when Mother Nature is throwing a hissy fit. LOL!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Spit out the #6 plug, YAY!!!
Man do I feel your pain. I have ejected so many plugs at this point, I have PTSD. Whenever I'm at a light and I hear a car next to me with a exhaust leak or valve tap I start to panic...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
10,148 Posts
Were you in a wreck or did you buy it as a rebuild/salvage vehicle?
1999 - 2002 Lightning's only had four threads in the heads for the farkin sparkin plugs. 2003 and 2004 have eight thread heads. So those first years can have a tendency to spit plugs out if you're runnin a little more boost than stock. Has nothing to do with whether the truck was in a wreck or not.

·
11 second street truck
10,496 Posts
1999 - 2002 Lightning's only had four threads in the heads for the farkin sparkin plugs. 2003 and 2004 have eight thread heads. So those first years can have a tendency to spit plugs out if you're runnin a little more boost than stock. Has nothing to do with whether the truck was in a wreck or not.
It also has nothing to do with boost. The na trucks do it too.

9401 - 9420 of 9450 Posts