Lightning Rodder banner

9381 - 9400 of 9450 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,148 Posts
Jacked up the ass end, put it on stands. Removed tires and bolted 1.5 adapters back on. Going to remove JLP longbars and refinish them in aluminum to match everything else under the truck. Then put the 12.5 widened 03 rims with M & H 345s on the truck. Should be rolling in time for the Sunday cruise scene.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's not a rock guard, it's really a baffle. An airflow control device. It just routes air that would normally miss the heat exchanger through it instead. Or, prevents air from going around it is another one. Air that might miss it, goes through it instead. Airflow through the heat exchanger, like the radiator, the more the merrier.

But yes, it's safe to drive it without it.
My wife works at a garage (she runs the front) she ordered a replacement ($40), gonna let her guys do the install. And an oil change.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Jacked up the ass end, put it on stands. Removed tires and bolted 1.5 adapters back on. Going to remove JLP longbars and refinish them in aluminum to match everything else under the truck. Then put the 12.5 widened 03 rims with M & H 345s on the truck. Should be rolling in time for the Sunday cruise scene.
You've been hitting it hardcore! Hope at the cruise, you are the envy of all. 'Round here the cruise scene died in about 1984, Normally there are Cruise ins, but lucky us Covid 19.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You and me both. When possible, I just replace them with bolts and nuts. Not always possible. For instance, when I put the front spoiler on my Stang, I was supposed to reuse four of them. I was able to use bolts, nuts and one inch fender washers in place of the stupid push pins.
On my half hearted attempt at repair I used bolts and in some cases those little slip on captive nuts, and for one hole I used a zip tie. And on the mat itself I used duct tape...I got no pride.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks. Yes truck is lowered 4 in front and axle flipped in rear.
Looks really wicked, my truck is dropped 1" front, 2" rear. Appears close to stock. I did scrape the lower fascia on a parking curb. Now I stay back a bit. Scrape touched up good though (heck that was my job for 10 years at the UAW plant I was at, Touching up, sanding and buffing minor paint flaws)

·
10,148 Posts
How do we have two threads with the exact same name? Someone woke this one up after nine years of slumber, replying to someone who hasn't been on here since 2013. LMAO!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Installed LFP heat exchanger since OE was leaking and replaced intercooler pump while i was in there. Next I need to figure out why the A/C stopped working...

·
10,148 Posts
Got the 12.5 rims and 345 tires installed and rolling. Had to use some big ole tie wraps and pull the E-brake cables away from the rims, even mounted on 1.5 adapters. So it's now 12.5 in the rear with 345/35-18 and 7 inch in the front with 225/60-18. Rolling out to the cruise scene tonight. ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Got the 12.5 rims and 345 tires installed and rolling. Had to use some big ole tie wraps and pull the E-brake cables away from the rims, even mounted on 1.5 adapters. So it's now 12.5 in the rear with 345/35-18 and 7 inch in the front with 225/60-18. Rolling out to the cruise scene tonight. ;-)
Dang that truck just looks fast standing still. Any stop light Drag action where you cruise? I guess that's a thing of the past. Super sharp looking Truck. well done!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Picked up a set of hood struts in preparation for my cervinis cowl hood. Ordered 4 speakers, a sub box, 2 amps and 2 10 inch subs. installed sound deadening in about half of the cab I'll be doing the other side tomorrow.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The pic posted sideways, sorry. It’s the cowl with a little carvin to fish the harness thru.
Now I get it. Hope all went well with the harness install. Sorry if you've already posted this,
The pic posted sideways, sorry. It’s the cowl with a little carvin to fish the harness thru.
Sorry if you've already posted on this, but what led to the pullin' the cab? upgrades not repairs I hope!

9381 - 9400 of 9450 Posts