Lightning Rodder banner

9301 - 9320 of 9352 Posts

·
11 second street truck
10,426 Posts
Timed the cams. Ordered a set of tf tensioners because the iron ones are to tight.

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Maintenance time. Turkey pan plug, finally! That was a pita! Drill bit trick worked like a charm though! Can't remember who recommended it but thank you!! Also thanks to Oldtimer for the write up for the Turkey pan plug.

Spark plugs, clean IC (oil separator seems to be working well. Hardly any oil) new belts, sct2600 and a tune coming. Coil packs were done 2 years ago.

JC customs intercooler lid coming. My plastic one keeps leaking. Tried everything so hopefully this works.

Is there any hose kits that you guys recommend to clean up the engine bay? Been putting this off for too long. Time to clean it up. Was there a guy named Tim that makes some hose kits??

Any other recommendations while I'm at this point would be great!

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Maintenance time. Turkey pan plug, finally! That was a pita! Drill bit trick worked like a charm though! Can't remember who recommended it but thank you!! Also thanks to Oldtimer for the write up for the Turkey pan plug.

Spark plugs, clean IC (oil separator seems to be working well. Hardly any oil) new belts, sct2600 and a tune coming. Coil packs were done 2 years ago.

JC customs intercooler lid coming. My plastic one keeps leaking. Tried everything so hopefully this works.

Is there any hose kits that you guys recommend to clean up the engine bay? Been putting this off for too long. Time to clean it up. Was there a guy named Tim that makes some hose kits??

Tim76

I think Svtim79 is the guy. Good quality stuff!

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,977 Posts

Yes, SVT Tim. I have all his hoses on mine. I will pm you his phone number.

I have his shorty heater hoses, ic lines that replace the hard lines on the passenger side of the blower, and PCV hoses, which include the IAC hose that routes behind the blower instead of underneath it. You can see in the pic that the heater hoses are no longer visible and the IAC line has a u-shaped AN fitting which turns the hose around for routing behind the blower. But, you have to have a metal elbow to use this, as you have to drill and tap the bottom where the hoses attach to accept threaded fittings.

Attachments

·
9,977 Posts
I told Tim that you may be in touch with him. He's pretty fast on responding to text messages.

·
9,977 Posts
What trick is that?
You stick a drill bit in a drill, and insert it into the fitting from inside the turkey pan. Since the direction the drill is turning will unwind the fitting when turned from inside the turkey pan. Imagine it in your head, from the back the fitting goes in standard right hand thread. So it comes out left. From inside the turkey pan, that left becomes a right. And the drill turns right. ;-)

Anyhow, mine came out without fanfare with the blower off. I believe it is a 11/16 wrench that does the trick. My friend James did it. I looked away for just a minute, he's holding the damn thing in his hand. LMAO!

·
Registered
173 Posts
You stick a drill bit in a drill, and insert it into the fitting from inside the turkey pan. Since the direction the drill is turning will unwind the fitting when turned from inside the turkey pan. Imagine it in your head, from the back the fitting goes in standard right hand thread. So it comes out left. From inside the turkey pan, that left becomes a right. And the drill turns right. ;-)

Anyhow, mine came out without fanfare with the blower off. I believe it is a 11/16 wrench that does the trick. My friend James did it. I looked away for just a minute, he's holding the damn thing in his hand. LMAO!
⬆⬆x1 Exactly!

Must get fitting loose first!! 11/16 wrench to get it started from the back and then in the turkey pan, use a drill with a 3/8 bit (I believe?) into the fitting. Drill clockwise and it'll start to grab and turn the fitting! then retrieve the fitting with a magnet. There was no way I was trying to get it all the way out with the wrench or my hand!

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,528 Posts
Joe Gambino got my new fuel tank I sent him to chop it up 👍🏻
Wish I had known, I have a spare stock tank and could have dropped it off for Joe to cutdown for you

On my front, my truck turned TWENTY yesterday! Took it out for the first time in 2020 and took the kids for a little cruise. Their first time riding in the truck! Did a nice long burnout to blow the dust off lol.

·
9,977 Posts
Answer above, cbxer55 knew it!
I didn't use it, but I know how to do it for other things, like working on aircraft. The most useful things are back-ass-wards rotating drill bits. Left hand drills rather than right. You can get a lot of stuck screws out with them.

9301 - 9320 of 9352 Posts