Lightning Rodder banner

9281 - 9300 of 9352 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Flushed all fluids and charged the battery....poor neglected thing. Coming up soon is a new alternator and tires. Stayed parked for about a year under a cover and have flat spotted the Nittos.

·
local painter
2,889 Posts
Helping my grandfather move from Michigan to Missouri. About to leave for Missouri praying the trip home goes ok.
I don’t drive a trailer too often.
3300BABB-98EF-4A39-B655-011367AB88FB.jpeg

·
Registered
776 Posts
My turn signals started buzzing this weekend & I was worried it might be the low fluid alarm. I heard blinker fluid is in high demand now with everyone performing self maintenance while working from home, so I thought I'd take another look at it this evening. Lucky me, I found the problem...infamous loose wire on the 9pin. I should be able to get another 3-5 yrs out of it after pushing it back in.

Combination Switch Connector.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all,

A complete newb. Just bought this 02 Lightning not even a month ago. It's far from stock. As far as I know, JLT cai, Dynatech catback, 6 psi pulley, sct 2600 sensor, and everyone says it must be tuned. I know if I have a chip its supposed to be up in passenger side floor board but I can't see it. Any help or advice? Thank you.....my first lightning of course

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hello all,

A complete newb. Just bought this 02 Lightning not even a month ago. It's far from stock. As far as I know, JLT cai, Dynatech catback, 6 psi pulley, sct 2600 sensor, and everyone says it must be tuned. I know if I have a chip its supposed to be up in passenger side floor board but I can't see it. Any help or advice? Thank you.....my first lightning of course
The tune was probably loaded with a hand held like the SCT. Nothing in the glove box? I brought my Roush from a dealer and it had been tuned. I tracked down the previous owner and he still had the SCT handheld.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
11 second street truck
10,426 Posts
Hello all,

No one really tunes with a chip. It likely had a hand held programmer that you didn't get with the sale.
If it has a 2600 maf it has to be tuned

·
Registered
39 Posts
Removed the 11 year old hard as a rock HANKOOK tires and installed the new Nitto NT555 G2.
Old news to most I suspect but I noticed on the front coil springs and lower control arms a green with white lettering stickers that say SVT.

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,977 Posts
My turn signals started buzzing this weekend & I was worried it might be the low fluid alarm. I heard blinker fluid is in high demand now with everyone performing self maintenance while working from home, so I thought I'd take another look at it this evening. Lucky me, I found the problem...infamous loose wire on the 9pin. I should be able to get another 3-5 yrs out of it after pushing it back in.

View attachment 538663
What? You mean it wasn't the blinker fluid? WTF??

·
Registered
7 Posts
The tune was probably loaded with a hand held like the SCT. Nothing in the glove box? I brought my Roush from a dealer and it had been tuned. I tracked down the previous owner and he still had the SCT handheld.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing in glove box unfortunately..... trucks runs great though

·
Registered
7 Posts
No one really tunes with a chip. It likely had a hand held programmer that you didn't get with the sale.
If it has a 2600 maf it has to be tuned
Yeah gotta be tuned....but it's killing me I don't know when or by whom. Hopefully I can find out. Dealer but from a dealer and can't tell me nothing. Very frustrating

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yeah gotta be tuned....but it's killing me I don't know when or by whom. Hopefully I can find out. Dealer but from a dealer and can't tell me nothing. Very frustrating
Never hurts to invest in one off the top 3 tuners on here (JDM, JLP, [email protected]) and protect your new investment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Never hurts to invest in one off the top 3 tuners on here (JDM, JLP, [email protected]) and protect your new investment.
Absolutely....I've talked to JJ a few times already plus a new friend in TN that has an 01 has helped me tremendously after seeing me requesting help online. I'm finally taking the truck to my mechanic next week and just letting him look over every damn thing. He's not a regular mechanic. Builds 1000hp+ motors to drag. He'e excited to check this truck out

9281 - 9300 of 9352 Posts