Lightning Rodder banner

9121 - 9140 of 9229 Posts

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Looks like they used light texture powder coating..
Guy blamed it on the powder. I blamed it on application. Who knows... That color should be a smooth gloss. Another delay but at least I have other things to do in the meantime.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
It was the powder that was used.., sure looks like Autumn Texture by Prismatic Powders.
Old powder had moisture in it. Caused the powder to not lay down correctly. Color was sunflower by prismatic. Stripping them

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
One almost done

One half done

One not even started

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
When are those plenum's going into mass production?

I'll have two done within the next few weeks. After that, I'll make more as time permits. Our shop gets stupid busy starting late March through fall.

·
Registered
19 Posts
that is a nice piece. I had a friend make one for my 04 cobra motor that was a 90 degree elbow. we cnc'd the 2 halves then tigged it together.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Wow that seems high for just bushing. Are they energy suspension or prothane brand? Got the part numbers you cld throw up for us? The bushings replace factory i assume, but whats the spacers for? Does it move the cab up off the frame? And y if so?

·
Carbon Fiber Addict
12,704 Posts
Did a local place make the spacers for you or is this something offered for our gen trucks?
Wow that seems high for just bushing. Are they energy suspension or prothane brand? Got the part numbers you cld throw up for us? The bushings replace factory i assume, but whats the spacers for? Does it move the cab up off the frame? And y if so?
Summit sells the body mount bushings part #ENS-4-4113G. The spacers are from Zane @ Arc Angel Fab on Facebook.

These trucks tend to sag when the factory bushings wear out, making the cab and bed lines uneven.

Here's a pic of how it looks now after installing the kit, the cab and bed lines are even now. I also wanted a bit more ground clearance up front and didn't want to mess with the suspension so this was perfect. Also my KB plenum rubbed a bit on the firewall when the engine torqued over but now it should have plenty of clearance.

9121 - 9140 of 9229 Posts