Lightning Rodder banner

9041 - 9060 of 9517 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Seal the leaky rear window and coated the underneath of the truck with por15

Another good and cheaper alternative is Coroseal. Did my Super Duty plow truck frame with it a couple years ago when the original rubberized undercoating started coming off. Still looks great after our harsh winters.

Reactions: P_Franko03

·
Registered
256 Posts
Another good and cheaper alternative is Coroseal. Did my Super Duty plow truck frame with it a couple years ago when the original rubberized undercoating started coming off. Still looks great after our harsh winters.
Yeah I heard good reviews on the coroseal I do like the por15 cause is though as nails holds well to road Debris

·
Registered
887 Posts
Yeah I heard good reviews on the coroseal I do like the por15 cause is though as nails holds well to road Debris
After 2 coats of Corroseal, I top coated with rubberized undercoating again. Should be good for another decade!

Attachments

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,227 Posts
Installed the LED front turn signal "bulbs" I got from Mike. Now I really need to hunt for the stupid flasher. I've looked for it several times to no avail. Looked at a couple YT videos and they all seem to agree the "clamshell" above the steering column has to come off, followed by the large kick panel in front of your right knee. Guess I'll wait for appropriate weather and give that a try.

Two years ago I installed LED tails I got from Mike. The signals have blinked a bit fast, but it never really bothered me. Now with the fronts, they don't blink at all. Yet the flashers work normally. I won't drive it again til I get it fixed. But the suckers are BRIGHT! Bright white in running light mode, then amber when the flashers/signals are activated. Way brighter than my headlights. They make my headlights look dim. I'm certain once I get around to installing the HID "Fog lights", my head lights won't even be needed any longer. LOL!!

So far the police haven't bothered me about the lack of reflectors or amber and red side marker lights. I wonder if the bright white lights in the corners will attract too much attention?

·
11 second street truck
10,535 Posts
I need to not buy low volume parts. I had no idea my sm0304's would take a month with powder coating and shipping.

·
Fresh to Death
65 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Installed the LED front turn signal "bulbs" I got from Mike. Now I really need to hunt for the stupid flasher. I've looked for it several times to no avail. Looked at a couple YT videos and they all seem to agree the "clamshell" above the steering column has to come off, followed by the large kick panel in front of your right knee. Guess I'll wait for appropriate weather and give that a try.

Two years ago I installed LED tails I got from Mike. The signals have blinked a bit fast, but it never really bothered me. Now with the fronts, they don't blink at all. Yet the flashers work normally. I won't drive it again til I get it fixed. But the suckers are BRIGHT! Bright white in running light mode, then amber when the flashers/signals are activated. Way brighter than my headlights. They make my headlights look dim. I'm certain once I get around to installing the HID "Fog lights", my head lights won't even be needed any longer. LOL!!

So far the police haven't bothered me about the lack of reflectors or amber and red side marker lights. I wonder if the bright white lights in the corners will attract too much attention?
I just replaced my front turn signals and rear stop lights with LEDs and I had to replace that Relay with Part No: Novita EP27. so how I found it was that I got under the dash and activated the turn signals and find where the noise from the relay was coming from. since I had already done research here I found out that it was a Ford Blue colored Relay and I also found out that it was under cover. believe it or not - I was able to get to the relay without having to remove any panels/trim and by using a plastic panel remover tool. it was not the easiest method but after struggling with it for about 15mins I was able to get the old one out and the new one on and recovered in about 15mins.

Good Luck.

·
10,227 Posts
I just replaced my front turn signals and rear stop lights with LEDs and I had to replace that Relay with Part No: Novita EP27. so how I found it was that I got under the dash and activated the turn signals and find where the noise from the relay was coming from. since I had already done research here I found out that it was a Ford Blue colored Relay and I also found out that it was under cover. believe it or not - I was able to get to the relay without having to remove any panels/trim and by using a plastic panel remover tool. it was not the easiest method but after struggling with it for about 15mins I was able to get the old one out and the new one on and recovered in about 15mins.

Good Luck.
Thanks. As soon as Mother Nature provides a nice day, I am going to go and try again. Hopefully with different results this time. What did you mean by "under cover"? Some kind of cover over top of it. None of the YT vids I watched mentioned that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks. As soon as Mother Nature provides a nice day, I am going to go and try again. Hopefully with different results this time. What did you mean by "under cover"? Some kind of cover over top of it. None of the YT vids I watched mentioned that.
Yes Sir! The turn signal relay and another relay are under a black plastic cover that is small enough to enclose those 2 relays by themselves - so don't go down there looking for just the BLUE Relay because you will never find it. instead activate the turn signal and let the relay guide you by sound then you'll know exactly where its located - again my method was not the easiest but if you pack your patience and practice yoga you'll be able to get to it but you wont be able to get a good handle on it and that's where the plastic panel pry tool came in handy to help push it out of the socket.

If you were local I would tell you to stop by and I would knock it out for ya as I could see how this is a PITA! ohh and by the way my relay cover was also taped which made it also a lil more challenging when trying to remove the cover to get to the relay.

Good Luck

·
10,227 Posts
Yes Sir! The turn signal relay and another relay are under a black plastic cover that is small enough to enclose those 2 relays by themselves - so don't go down there looking for just the BLUE Relay because you will never find it. instead activate the turn signal and let the relay guide you by sound then you'll know exactly where its located - again my method was not the easiest but if you pack your patience and practice yoga you'll be able to get to it but you wont be able to get a good handle on it and that's where the plastic panel pry tool came in handy to help push it out of the socket.

If you were local I would tell you to stop by and I would knock it out for ya as I could see how this is a PITA! ohh and by the way my relay cover was also taped which made it also a lil more challenging when trying to remove the cover to get to the relay.

Good Luck
Sounds like a grand way to spend a weekend day. LMAO!!

I'm pretty sure I've done worse. And yeah, beating myself up over not thinking to turn the signals on and listen for the bugger. Dumb! ;-)

I'm pretty good at doing impossible things with my fingers. I work on aircraft for a living. Have to remove and install fasteners in places that most would think a nightmare.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sounds like a grand way to spend a weekend day. LMAO!!

I'm pretty sure I've done worse. And yeah, beating myself up over not thinking to turn the signals on and listen for the bugger. Dumb! ;-)

I'm pretty good at doing impossible things with my fingers. I work on aircraft for a living. Have to remove and install fasteners in places that most would think a nightmare.
I'm about ready to knock this out myself this spring. Any chance you could take a few pictures to help ID the location?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
10,227 Posts
I'm about ready to knock this out myself this spring. Any chance you could take a few pictures to help ID the location?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
If you Google 2003 Flasher replacement, you'll find that information. Pictures, diagrams and videos. Use 2003 though, because 2004 is too confusing. It's the year the new body style three valve 5.4 F-150s came out. So there was the old style "Heritage Edition" and the new ones. I went to Ford to get plugs once, and used 2004 Lightning. They still gave mt the long plugs for the three valve motor. 2003 or under eliminates that confusion.

Here it is. I posted this as I know not when I'll be doing mine. Maybe this weekend, weather looks promising. We'll see. I have a Ranger, a Mustang, and two bikes, so it's not a MUST DO.

2003 Ford F-150 Flasher Location

Reactions: blacklaser94

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
If you Google 2003 Flasher replacement, you'll find that information. Pictures, diagrams and videos. Use 2003 though, because 2004 is too confusing. It's the year the new body style three valve 5.4 F-150s came out. So there was the old style "Heritage Edition" and the new ones. I went to Ford to get plugs once, and used 2004 Lightning. They still gave mt the long plugs for the three valve motor. 2003 or under eliminates that confusion.

Here it is. I posted this as I know not when I'll be doing mine. Maybe this weekend, weather looks promising. We'll see. I have a Ranger, a Mustang, and two bikes, so it's not a MUST DO.

2003 Ford F-150 Flasher Location

It's simple enough to get to. Lay up under dash on driver side. Turn on turn signal > listen for or feel the "clicking" > remove snap on cover > with your strong hand reach in and remove flasher > note orientation so you ran replace new one in the same way, if not no biggie as you can just spin it til it goes in. Check to make sure you got the right flasher as there are some that when you turn off the signal will click once or twice more before "off" is achieved. I've got a pic of the one I used somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
The leds don’t draw enough current so the circut thinks it’s open. That’s why it works with all 4 blinkers With leds, and also when you had 1 incandescent bulb and 1 led. You need load resistors in line or a flasher for LED bulbs.

9041 - 9060 of 9517 Posts