Lightning Rodder banner

9021 - 9040 of 9046 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,620 Posts
No muffler... On a 3.0 v6. Man I bet that sounds like a wet fart
Doesn't sound bad at all. Had it parked at a friend's machine shop one day, idling in the parking lot. His dad came in and asked me what size V-8 it had. I said, 3.0 V-6. He said, "sounds amazing." YMMV!!

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,620 Posts
I'd take two plates and not live in Oklahoma as opposed to living in Oklahoma lol
Obviously, we all are prone to liking where we live. I like living in Oklahoma. YMMV! I'm certain Kenny likes Missouri as much as I do Oklahoma. There's no amount of money I'd live in Florida or California. Not even Texas, truth be told.

·
11 second street truck
10,175 Posts
Obviously, we all are prone to liking where we live. I like living in Oklahoma. YMMV! I'm certain Kenny likes Missouri as much as I do Oklahoma. There's no amount of money I'd live in Florida or California. Not even Texas, truth be told.
See I disagree there. I've lived in 5 state. I don't like where I live now. But my kids live here. So I stay. I love mountains, trees, and the out doors. I'll be in Montana or South Dakota in 15 years.

I've lived in Oregon. I love it there but hate the politics. I've lived all over Washington. Same as Oregon +cost of living. I've lived in Cali. Same story as Washington with even worse cost of living. San Diego was an amazing place to live for a few years but that's enough. And lastly Virginia. I liked nothing about Virginia.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Did you modify these? Not sure I have seen these exact ones I have been looking at options. I ordered some from LMC but did not match the pictures on the site so still looking
I bought somee from LMR? that were suppose to be black on the inside. But when i got them u cld see chrome peeking out alot around the edges so im sending them back. They dont even show them on there website now so id guess it was a running problem. No these came from amazon. 36 dollars and free shipping. Lol. They have a weird 3rd hole in the middle for earlier models that had 3 bulbs but you cap it for newer models. I can live withnit for how they look and the price

·
Registered
416 Posts
I bought somee from LMR? that were suppose to be black on the inside. But when i got them u cld see chrome peeking out alot around the edges so im sending them back. They dont even show them on there website now so id guess it was a running problem. No these came from amazon. 36 dollars and free shipping. Lol. They have a weird 3rd hole in the middle for earlier models that had 3 bulbs but you cap it for newer models. I can live withnit for how they look and the price
Thank you LMC show pictures or depo tail lights or ones that look just like them but sent eagle eye version to me. Anyway probably sending mine back and may just modify my own to get them how I want.

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,483 Posts
Whew I've been MIA for 3 months! Finally catching up, and it's good to see LR running at a good pace on my personal laptop, not bogging as bad as the old version, so maybe I can check in more frequently!

The GT-HD build has been quiet as I've been MIA, but it's up, running, and ~300 miles under it's belt on the streets of NJ! Unfortunately a tad too late for the 2019 race season, but I'm itching for 2020! This past year has been a great year personally, truck wrapped up and running, work going great and climbing the ladder without even trying, side business of HDCircuitry booming more than I can almost keep up with, and everything else going well, definitely thankful for it all. Looking forward to getting out and making some passes in 2020!

Plans r big 3 upgrade, Fuel pump wire upgrade, x brace/battery tray for rearend, flip pass shock to the back and make new upper shock mounts beacuse of removing factory xbrace. Cnotch, and new door sill plates that im making myself because i dont wana spend 200 dollars on them. Lol. Will of it happen.......uhhhh maybe, ima give it good try. Lol
Ha, let me know if you need any wiring kits! Believe it or not, by the time you buy all the components to do it right, it's really not much savings over one of my plug & play kits that is 100% done right, and can be installed in a fraction of the time!

I haven’t been able to make much happen on the L lately. We are remodeling the house and it’s been a mess and super time consuming since I am doing most of the electrical. I did want to post thanks to S|CK I got my hands on a CF tailgate.

View attachment 536775 View attachment 536776
Man I've been trying to avoid one of those! LOL! How long was your lead time?

$1350. It still hurts.
I need to figure out how you transfer everything over from the oem gate.
It’s basically a shell and with speaking with S|CK I need to get some metal hinge cubs and transfer over the handle / hardware. I haven’t looked too hard at it but scary to drill holes in a rare expensive piece.
I thought sIck said it came with all the new hardware? you still have to gut your old tailgate for the cups and hardware? Not a huge deal as i have a donor tailgate, I just thought he said it came with new guts/hinges.

Man that’s a pretty trick spot. What has to be removed to install?
Plug and play battery relocation setups between my wiring kit, and Joe gambino's battery tray kit!

·
local painter
2,710 Posts
@Dusten and @cbxer55 . I love Missouri mostly. It sucks big ol balls in summer. Because humidity and the swamp bugs. I wish I had a summer ranch way north 🥃🥃🥃
I strongly dislike our front plates.

·
Carbon Fiber Addict
12,672 Posts
I thought sIck said it came with all the new hardware? you still have to gut your old tailgate for the cups and hardware? Not a huge deal as i have a donor tailgate, I just thought he said it came with new guts/hinges.
They do come with separate hinge cups made from molds. You can also use universal hinge cups from ebay which are more durable for opening and closing a tailgate.

·
Pilsung
341 Posts
Man I've been trying to avoid one of those! LOL! How long was your lead time?

It was quick, less than a month.

The one I got did not come with anything. I have to transfer over all the hardware/handle and figure out the hinge cups. I wish it did come pre-drilled at least.

They do come with separate hinge cups made from molds. You can also use universal hinge cups from ebay which are more durable for opening and closing a tailgate.

View attachment 537038
I need to get these but I have it with a guy to fix the corner that has an issue with the CF. Sadly, it didn’t come out of the box perfect.

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,483 Posts
bummer to hear, did you contact them at all to see if it should have come with the hinge cups? And what was your lead time from ordering?

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
10,601 Posts
Took the trans out of the wrecked Lightning, drivers side motor mounts is bound up from the bent frame.
When I took the cross member off, it made some really weird sounds.. I got out from under neath it.

·
Pilsung
341 Posts
bummer to hear, did you contact them at all to see if it should have come with the hinge cups? And what was your lead time from ordering?
So it’s interesting. I emailed the company for about a month. No response. I asked S|CK and he gave me the guys Instagram. Since I don’t have Instagram (I should probably get it) I had a buddy that has an L and wants a CF tailgate too so he said he would message him via Instagram.So all my communication was through my buddy and then he would relay through Instagram. Super annoying. Anyways, I probably sent 4 emails prior the Instagram deal and nothing back. It only took 3 weeks to get the tailgate after PayPal. Super quick. The quality looks great but the top right corner had a chip and the shipping box was perfect so it wasn’t UPS and normally UPS destroys my packages.
I have it with a guy now getting it repaired. I think I’ll just measure 3-5 times and use a rivet nut gun for the hinge cups. S|CK said the cups that he got weren’t so awesome and recommended the metal ones. I kinda wish for the money it would have came complete.
I think I know better though because it can never be easy or plug n play.. well maybe HD Circuitry’s kits lol

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Got some new shoes! Time to order some custom drilled wheels once I figure out the offsets.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
NT05 front and rear. Truck is a 4x4 and heavier than a Lightning. Wanted more load capacity plus 4x4 will address any lost traction over the R tires.
Performancetread.com has great prices fyi

9021 - 9040 of 9046 Posts