Lightning Rodder banner

9001 - 9020 of 9517 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,227 Posts
Both, bad timing. I guess they didn't like my Cogs, KB, and JLP Comp R. lol
Don't know where you live. Here, they don't even give a damn about my Ranger with no muffler at all. And as for cogs, had a guy in a black and white throw me a thumbs up one day. That was surprising.

·
11 second street truck
10,535 Posts
No muffler... On a 3.0 v6. Man I bet that sounds like a wet fart

Reactions: 49FordLighting

·
Slevin
964 Posts
Both, bad timing. I guess they didn't like my Cogs, KB, and JLP Comp R. lol
What exactly was the ticket for?

Seems like bullshit to me

·
Carbon Fiber Addict
12,730 Posts
Don't know where you live. Here, they don't even give a damn about my Ranger with no muffler at all. And as for cogs, had a guy in a black and white throw me a thumbs up one day. That was surprising.
Texas, there's always that one asshole cop with nothing better to do.

What exactly was the ticket for?

Seems like bullshit to me
Anti-noise ordinance: Loud Muffler - $200 ticket

Paid it and forgot about it.

·
10,227 Posts
As long as it's not a Fix-It ticket, it's all good. I used to get them all the time when I lived in Commiefornia for loud exhaust that was too short. Two turbo mufflers under my 78 Trans Am, with short downturn dumps on them, right under the axle. No converters as there were no smog checks back in those days. But they'd still write you up for it. They would write you up for that because "the exhaust fumes can get n the cab". LMAO!! Had a girlfriend whose Dad was a cop. Never had to fix a thing. I'd just nonchalantly walk in there on days she told me he was working, and it got taken care of. Those were the good old days.

In Commiefornia, you have to have a front license plate. Never did myself. Wrote up for it all the time, taken care of as above. ;-)

·
Registered
746 Posts
As long as it's not a Fix-It ticket, it's all good. I used to get them all the time when I lived in Commiefornia for loud exhaust that was too short. Two turbo mufflers under my 78 Trans Am, with short downturn dumps on them, right under the axle. No converters as there were no smog checks back in those days. But they'd still write you up for it. They would right you up for that because "the exhaust fumes can get n the cab". LMAO!! Had a girlfriend whose Dad was a cop. Never had to fix a thing. I'd just nonchalantly walk in there on days she told me he was working, and it got taken care of. Those were the good old days.

In Commiefornia, you have to have a front license plate. Never did myself. Wrote up for it all the time, taken care of as above. ;-)
Robert I never realized you where such a man whore. Trading sex to get tickets fixed, you where such a player.

·
Carbon Fiber Addict
12,730 Posts
As long as it's not a Fix-It ticket, it's all good. I used to get them all the time when I lived in Commiefornia for loud exhaust that was too short. Two turbo mufflers under my 78 Trans Am, with short downturn dumps on them, right under the axle. No converters as there were no smog checks back in those days. But they'd still write you up for it. They would right you up for that because "the exhaust fumes can get n the cab". LMAO!! Had a girlfriend whose Dad was a cop. Never had to fix a thing. I'd just nonchalantly walk in there on days she told me he was working, and it got taken care of. Those were the good old days.

It is pretty loud with the cogs lol No WOT yet until I get it fully tuned, can't imagine what it's going to sound like at 15+ lbs. :oops:

·
10,227 Posts
Robert I never realized you where such a man whore. Trading sex to get tickets fixed, you where such a player.
Like I said, those were the good old days. Likely never happen again. Too damn old now.

Btw, I never asked for it to be done. It just got happened. Maybe I should have married that one. But alas, I let her get away. Such is life. I was like 19 years old then. Had no expectations of anything.

·
10,227 Posts
It is pretty loud with the cogs lol No WOT yet until I get it fully tuned, can't imagine what it's going to sound like at 15+ lbs. :oops:

How many people tell you it sounds like you have a jet engine under the hood? It's happened to me quite a few times since I put the MP on it, along with the cogs. Screams, just driving around town. People rolling their windows up when I creep up next to them. LMAO!!

Reactions: s|ck

·
Registered
887 Posts
As long as it's not a Fix-It ticket, it's all good. I used to get them all the time when I lived in Commiefornia for loud exhaust that was too short. Two turbo mufflers under my 78 Trans Am, with short downturn dumps on them, right under the axle. No converters as there were no smog checks back in those days. But they'd still write you up for it. They would write you up for that because "the exhaust fumes can get n the cab". LMAO!! Had a girlfriend whose Dad was a cop. Never had to fix a thing. I'd just nonchalantly walk in there on days she told me he was working, and it got taken care of. Those were the good old days.

I’m still a youngin’ compared to some, but even I remember when cops had better things to do then pull you over for a loud exhaust or tint....
Strike that, on a decent looking vehicle. If it were a POS, you were probably getting pulled over.
Yeeears ago, I had a NYS Trooper pull me over for a “Suspicious entrance to the Interstate”. He was posted by the onramp which is off a side street, so if you want to merge properly, you need to accelerate. My 4x4 did the usual 1-2 upshift chirp and then I saw lights seconds after.
He checked all my papers and then proceeded to look over the truck, ask to see under the hood, and tell me how he was working on a WS6 Trans Am....didnt say crap about loud exhaust, tints, blacked out taillights, no front plate (BS law here in NY). Just a thumbs up, “nice truck and have a nice day!”
Some cops are decent, others would give their mother a ticket!

·
10,227 Posts
I’m still a youngin’ compared to some, but even I remember when cops had better things to do then pull you over for a loud exhaust or tint....
Strike that, on a decent looking vehicle. If it were a POS, you were probably getting pulled over.
Yeeears ago, I had a NYS Trooper pull me over for a “Suspicious entrance to the Interstate”. He was posted by the onramp which is off a side street, so if you want to merge properly, you need to accelerate. My 4x4 did the usual 1-2 upshift chirp and then I saw lights seconds after.
He checked all my papers and then proceeded to look over the truck, ask to see under the hood, and tell me how he was working on a WS6 Trans Am....didnt say crap about loud exhaust, tints, blacked out taillights, no front plate (BS law here in NY). Just a thumbs up, “nice truck and have a nice day!”
Some cops are decent, others would give their mother a ticket!
Hell, here the cops cruisers have tinted windows. Some really dark. Some the chrome junk. But most have it. Windows on all my vehicles are the darkest tint available. Some even put a light tint on the windshield. The 07 Mustang I bought recently has it. And we a re only issued one plate here, not two. ;-)

I think I'll schedule an appointment and have the windshield on my Lightning tinted to match the Mustang. I'm liking it.

·
11 second street truck
10,535 Posts
Hell, here the cops cruisers have tinted windows. Some really dark. Some the chrome junk. But most have it. Windows on all my vehicles are the darkest tint available. Some even put a light tint on the windshield. The 07 Mustang I bought recently has it. And we a re only issued one plate here, not two. ;-)
I'd take two plates and not live in Oklahoma as opposed to living in Oklahoma lol

Reactions: 49FordLighting

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
One step closer to getting big brakes on my truck. Installed my front hub & CV axle spacers today. My 3d printed caliper bracket will be in tomorrow so I can test for the calipers. Getting close.

Not sure why the pic spun 90*....

·
Registered
638 Posts
I test fitted my new tail lights. Black and clear for a nice clean look. Gotta get new bolts for em to be good and secure and new bulbs but im lovin em. Matchs the front and the marker lights great! No red no amber, just black and clear on all 4 corners.

·
10,227 Posts
Nice, I like those tail lights. I have some one-offs made by Blowerwhore. Totally clear with one single LED and the back up bulb. Matches my totally clear fronts as well.

Attachments

·
11 second street truck
10,535 Posts
Bought some new valve springs. And a few tools

Reactions: Leeproctor83

·
Registered
430 Posts
I test fitted my new tail lights. Black and clear for a nice clean look. Gotta get new bolts for em to be good and secure and new bulbs but im lovin em. Matchs the front and the marker lights great! No red no amber, just black and clear on all 4 corners. View attachment 536942 View attachment 536941 View attachment 536943
Did you modify these? Not sure I have seen these exact ones I have been looking at options. I ordered some from LMC but did not match the pictures on the site so still looking

Reactions: Leeproctor83
9001 - 9020 of 9517 Posts