Lightning Rodder banner

8921 - 8940 of 8951 Posts

·
11 second street truck
10,041 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Changed fuel pumps back to stock ones since I replaced the blown up highly modified motor and trans with a 65,000 mile stock setup out of my wrecked truck. Decided to take the bed off this time. Did it in 2 hours with some help with the hoists and alignment. That's my neighbor Lucius who helped me. Fuel pressure dropped from 65 PSI to 45 PSI, a lot better. It's still running rich and needs a tune.

Attachments

·
Registered
489 Posts
Plans r big 3 upgrade, Fuel pump wire upgrade, x brace/battery tray for rearend, flip pass shock to the back and make new upper shock mounts beacuse of removing factory xbrace. Cnotch, and new door sill plates that im making myself because i dont wana spend 200 dollars on them. Lol. Will of it happen.......uhhhh maybe, ima give it good try. Lol

·
Registered
718 Posts
Been awhile. Busy summer and fall. But put the truck away for the winter. Hoping to do a few little things to it while in storage.

What's does everyone have planned for their trucks while in storage?
New shoes, J&S Vampire install, plug change for the L.

New hoses for the 4x4 intercooler/heat exchanger, plugs, fuel filter, minor tweaking, and a cleaning.

That should cover the first 2 weeks in storage.....only about 20 more weeks til they are back out! :cry:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Changed fuel pumps back to stock ones since I replaced the blown up highly modified motor and trans with a 65,000 mile stock setup out of my wrecked truck. Decided to take the bed off this time. Did it in 2 hours with some help with the hoists and alignment. That's my neighbor Lucius who helped me. Fuel pressure dropped from 65 PSI to 45 PSI, a lot better. It's still running rich and needs a tune.
Awesome pic.

How many bolts do you need to remove to take the bed off?

·
Registered
144 Posts
New shoes, J&S Vampire install, plug change for the L.

New hoses for the 4x4 intercooler/heat exchanger, plugs, fuel filter, minor tweaking, and a cleaning.

That should cover the first 2 weeks in storage.....only about 20 more weeks til they are back out! :cry:
Nice!!

Winter Is brutal! I'll probably just do some maintenance. No big upgrades as of now... Last year I said that too and ended up doing the whole Interior😂😂😂

8921 - 8940 of 8951 Posts