Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rob_02Lightning

What brand of wax are you using to get that finish, If it is zaino then what steps do you take to get that clear. I have mostly everything done to the truck for the year so am looking to get it in some local car shows soon.

·
A.K.A. SneakerWhore
2,479 Posts
Rob Lately has been using the Meguiars NXT stuff if I remember right....if you go to an autozone it should be in a box and have a pic of a red RX7 with a black hood on it, on the cover.

I just let my local hand wash do their thing and I think they do a damn good job...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've used everything out there. Zaino is all you need. Get one of the package deals that contains the wash, polish, wax, and detail spray from their website. It has all you need.

G

·
I guess I have to get some Zaino. I wanna see how good this stuff really works.

Is the NXT good?? I almost bought it the other day.

·
A.K.A. SneakerWhore
2,479 Posts
SlowSVT95 said:

Rob Raves about it...says it goes on and comes off like butter.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Blown5Pnt4 said:
SlowSVT95 said:

Rob Raves about it...says it goes on and comes off like butter.
NXT is a real good product but it doesn’t last that long. From my understanding it will last about a month. On the other hand once you get 3 good coats of Zaino on it will last you a good 6 months and that is through winter, road and salt grime on the road etc.

Zaino Polish

Here’s a few good pictures of some Zaino shine:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Leeann,

If you decide to go with Zaino I have a write up about which products you may want to buy and a write up on how to do the Zaino detailing if your interested…

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yeas please post up the write up I am considering usomg Zano on mine after she is out of the Paint shop witht he 4k paint job. I wan tit to look Kick Ass and all.

·
A.K.A. SneakerWhore
2,479 Posts
yeah...but I dont need it to last too long. I wax my truck religiously, basically bi-weekly. Normally just a quick wash and its back to beautiful shine, but I just like to keep it on thick.....to each his(or her) own.

G

·
Sonic Boom said:
Leeann,

If you decide to go with Zaino I have a write up about which products you may want to buy and a write up on how to do the Zaino detailing if your interested…
Yeah, I'm interested. I'd like to get this stuff before winter... I don't even wanna think about this being my daily driver through all of that salt and other crap. :(

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Ya Man, the NXT is AWESOME, I LOVE IT.........

Sis,
WAX ON, WACK OFF, Oops :lol: you know what I mean, hehehehe..... The stuff truly goes on like butter, and wipes off like you've never seen before. You can do the entire truck, let it bake in the sun, and it still wipes off like nothing, no white crap either, nothing.... AND it hides little swirl marks and even light scratches LIKE THEY WERE NEVER THERE, WOO HOO.......

As for lasting, it seems to last as long as anything else I've tried, you know Black it looks great for like an hour, then it's back to dust by the next morning, and filthy after a few nights of dew or rain @$^@)$^@$)[email protected] then you got to redo the whole procedure AGAIN, OR USE THE NXT QUICK TOUCH UP SPRAY :wink:

·
Registered
90 Posts

NXT on Red.
I put two coats on in March and hit it with the NXT Booster Wax ever since.
I don't need a product to last six months as I can't keep my hands off of my "L" for that long.
My "Corvette Brother" uses Zaino on his vetts and they all look beautiful.
Not better ;)

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
should I clay bar the truck?

I will order some of the zanio and see how she looks after a few coats. I guess I should clay bar the whole truck before I apply a few coats of zanio?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have 2 separate posts. One for Zaino product recommendations and one for Zaino application. They are kind of long so rather then post them here I have started another thread titled “Zaino Detailing” in this section of Gen 2 Lightnings.

·
Registered
190 Posts
run2speed said:
if you would like some good imfo on cleaning/waxing
this is an all around great site
http://www.autopia.org/
That indeed is an excellent site. That is one of the main sites I visited about 3 years ago and the information there helped me to decide on using Zaino.

However, it has a lot of knowledgeable people there about all brands of wax/polish as well as detailing products...

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
yes i like the site a lot they can really
help if you have problems with your
paint or inside and under the hood. :smt023

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've used both. The Zaino is amazing and does last a very long time. The problem I had with Zaino is the multiple coats and drying time. It literally took me two days to wax my truck. I have recently switched to NXT. It looks almost as good to me as the Zaino did. The NXT does only last about a month at a time. I wax once a month and use the spray booster the rest of the month. Easy, quick, and looks good.

Zaino = Longer lasting, better depth, needs multiple coats, smells awesome

NXT = Looks good, easily removed, doesn't last as long, easy to maintain

Just my opinion,

Mook

1 - 20 of 43 Posts