Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Ballin' like King Tut
2002 lightning
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am attempting to load a custom tune on to my X4 and am being unsuccessful. I have tried 3 separate computers and a virtual machine running windows 10. When ever I click find custom tune, it will put it up in the top field, but nothing populates in the add column. Any guess why?
Blue World Font Material property Electric blue

· Ballin' like King Tut
2002 lightning
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did both this morning. Have been fighting with it since about 6 this morning.

· Ballin' like King Tut
2002 lightning
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same result. Tried some of the others that Eric K. had sent me a while ago, with the same result.

· Ballin' like King Tut
2002 lightning
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Using Windows 11 22H2 22621.1105, which I believe is the latest.

· Ballin' like King Tut
2002 lightning
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do, same situation. Even tried in on a fresh virtual machine. I have no idea what happened.

· Ballin' like King Tut
2002 lightning
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is my next step. Figured it being a holiday and stuff that I would try here first.

· Registered
2004 Lightning
98 Posts
If the file is in your email try re downloading it,
After you download it make a new folder to place it in under the download category or if that don’t work place the file on the home page of your computer.
Double check your usb cable also.
Then go into the DeRive program click browse
And you click or drag the file to the available tune section. Then hit program and you should be good

· Ballin' like King Tut
2002 lightning
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If the file is in your email try re downloading it,
After you download it make a new folder to place it in under the download category or if that don’t work place the file on the home page of your computer.
Double check your usb cable also.
Then go into the DeRive program click browse
And you click or drag the file to the available tune section. Then hit program and you should be good
Sorry for the delayed response. Still no joy. Going to let SCT have a crack at it sometime this week. Thanks everyone

· Registered
9 Posts
Sorry for the delayed response. Still no joy. Going to let SCT have a crack at it sometime this week. Thanks everyone
Everyone within the Lightning FB groups were basically saying NOT to update the device firmware because it tends to give issues. I updated mine as soon as I bought it not knowing this, but I don't plan to update again. Even Shawn, aka debtlife projects, says he doesn't update his for this very reason.

· Ballin' like King Tut
2002 lightning
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It was actually all the tune files being corrupt and nothing to do with the X4 itself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts