Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm 99.9% done with getting the HD running... and I noticed a chewed up vacuum line.

It's on the pass. side firewall, comes out and goes behind the battery. From my research it seems to be for the A/C and goes into a vacuum box under/behind the battery.

Anyone Delete their A/C and have the lines? Mine is chewed up about the point where it reaches the battery.

HELP ME PLEASE!

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
have a pic of the line? i may have mine, but not sure which one it is

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just go to the auto parts store and buy some vaccum tubing. The line(there are 2) in question goes from one the "tees" @ the firewall to behind the battery box . You will have to remove the battery tray to locate the 2 reserve canisters. It is a 5 min job to replace the hose. All that thing does is keep vaccum on the A/c system so that the control unit can switch between modes.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's a pic. Yes it's a bit dirty under there.... it's been sitting for 2 years. Anyhow...

Once I get the battery box out I'll see exactly what is needed. It's hard line type...

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
rman
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing