Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says my beast build up has taken a back seat to the wifes requests. Damn, as most of you all know my daughter is expecting in about a month. Anyway we went to see her new house and dumb ass me drove through a new upper class development and my wife say a house she liked. To humor her I said okay we will go and look. Well we did. :smt021 Now I am out another 200 k for another home. and to think I had almost 70 k in equity built up. :smt021 Oh well.

On a good note I told her that I would have to sell my motor and tranny and then my L, I put on a sad puppy dog face. If you have seen me you would say damn your ugly. :smt044 She told me hell no i don't want to hear you bitch about how I caused you to be unhappy. That is cool. Se also said in the same breath besides what would I do with you home every weekend? :smt062

So anyway the heads are going to have to wait for atleast 6 more months unless L Rodder wants to sponsor me. [smilie=drunk.gif]

So to all you young guys out there and you ladies. And old ladies and old farts I wish you the best this race season since I am still running a stock motor and all I can get is a high to mid 12. So the 10 's will have to wait.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sorry to hear about your truck but congratz on the new house, as you know, I kinda went threw the same thing.

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
That has to suck Brent J/K good luck with the new house. If you need a place to store that motor it will be okay for us to put it in my truck and see how it does :LOL.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Dont worry about the 10's...they will still be there for you :D, Seroiusly, we all love to go fast...but you can still have a lot of fun racing a 12 sec truck :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys yea the new house would be great but think about this. I have a lot of snooty new neighbors to piss off when I fire up the truck in race mode. :LOL

The cool thing is the wife told me not to get rid of anything so I still get to keep my toys. :D

·
Registered
427 Posts
Avalanche said:
Thanks guys yea the new house would be great but think about this. I have a lot of snooty new neighbors to piss off when I fire up the truck in race mode. :LOL

The cool thing is the wife told me not to get rid of anything so I still get to keep my toys. :D
I love pissing off the neighbors :D

My house is the only one in the neighborhood with black marks out front ALL the time...they really love that... :LOL

Here is a pic from monday where I needed to "Clean" my tires before putting my Gen 1 up in the shop for the night.....you know....I dont want to clutter the shop up with rocks off my tires :LOL

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hang in there Brent, You know it could be worse.

Dodge minivan [smilie=eek4.gif]

Thank your wife for being so understanding of your hobby!
Best of luck in the new house.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OH-MAN said:
Hang in there Brent, You know it could be worse.

Dodge minivan [smilie=eek4.gif]

Thank your wife for being so understanding of your hobby!
Best of luck in the new house.
Thanks for the upbeat spirits and damn a minivan? Well if you pulled the motor out and remounted a rear engine 400 or 396 you could have you a wheelie machine there.

The new house is at the end of a culde sack (sp) and there is no one but me on the culde sack (sp) but the house next to me there is going to be the biggest house they build in the development so those neighbors will love me on the night beofre a race.

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Thats a much smarter move Brent, CONGRATS to You and the Family :smt023
The proper house is a great investment, and can end up being your retirement. Me I piss every entire penny I have away on absolutely nothing. I got a schitty little house that needs everything, no retirement funds, no money saved, no college fund, no nothing. I make good money and yet have absolutely no clue where it goes, nor have anything to show for it.
I've said it a million times, in another 10-15 years I am going to be in HUGE trouble.

The motor can wait, FAMILY IS ALWAYS #1

BEST OF LUCK PAL :cheers:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Rob, Yea I am going to see if I can piss of the HOA I really hate them they take money and what do they do? Trim the headges? Anyway it is not going to be started to be built for another 30 days and then it will not be completed until mid to late October. Anyway after it is built anyone up for a barbeque? For you yanks here that is were we cook outside in the nice big backyard on a grill and sit around and get loud and see who can pop their tires first. :LOL

·
George\/
3,421 Posts
Avalanche said:
For you yanks here that is were we cook outside in the nice big backyard on a grill and sit around and get loud and see who can pop their tires first. :LOL
we do that too, but up here everything cost more so we dont pop the tires :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts