Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've had the zex kit on since the end of last summer and havén't filled the bottle once. for one, i haven't had the money to get the tunning done, nor the time. i've also had the 4lbs pulley since i bought the thing which was 2 years ago. now i'm ready to finish up with it. i've got everything i want includeing tires, t/b's, vb, zex kit, pulley. the only thing i'm lacking is the tunning device and a new belt.

i've been looking and reading, a while now, and haven't quite decided on what to go with. i'm thinking about getting the sct xcalabrator from sal, since he's had expereience with rob's zex kit and many others. i've got the 75 shot jets in it right now, but i'm thinking about getting some smaller ones, maybe a 50 shot with the 4lbs, would be a nice combo?

what are some of you guys running you n02 shots at with extra boost?
What do you think rob, and denny?

later
chiz

·
paranoid
4,608 Posts
i think rob ran (correct me if i am wrong rob). i think rob ran a 100 shot. so a 50 would be a good start but i dont know i am trying to stay away from the juice.......

the kid....

plus i dont have slicks yet..

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
SPRAY THE SCHITT OUT OF IT  [smilie=fingersx.gif]
hehehehehehe

My orig set up was 75HP + 4lbs, then I quickly went to 75 HP + 6lbs, then added the Ported Eaton. Ran it hard and sprayed often for well over 2 years before switching to the Race Tested Kit and 100HP with 6lbs + Ported Eaton.

Just make sure you get a tune "FIRST", and Yes Sal knows exactly what to give you.

Chiz
If your interested, I have some awesome JLP tunes on a 4 bank Red Diablo Chip for your set up.
One kick ass non nitrous tune that'll run 12's all day, and a n20 tune that'll run 11's on a 75 shot.
I got three years out of the same set of plugs with these tunes on a stock block (ANOTHER WORDS THEY ARE VERY SAFE TUNES) and you can have it for like $100.00 Comes with a switch and all.
The only problem is no one likes to tune the Red Diablo's anymore, BUT there would never be a reason too, it's set up for a 02 with Filter Chip Pulleys and n20 or no n20

BEST OF LUCK BRO

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds like a good deal rob. i'm not sure about chips on the lightnings, but on the stang, they had to match the code for the ecu. is this so with our trucks, or is it the same ecu in all of them?

could you pm me and let me know the specifics about the chip? or just in here? such as the rev limiter, shift points, etc. what # pulley was the non nitrous, and nitrous tune set up for? 4#?

what kind of electronics are you using now? or did you just get sal to dyno tune it?

sounds like a good deal, i'll let you know after you respond to this.....

later
chiz

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
Info like this is good, I'll post it here.

You have a 02 (and your correct, each year is diff)
But I have a 02 too :D
Your computer code is ABU2
(easy to check, there's a sticker in your door jam)
The new Diablo Chip Master Revolution, and the new SCT Chips "and Hand Helds" WILL work on any Gen 2, however the Orig Super Chip, Diablo, etc were Diff Chips for ea year.

Personally I will never go to a hand held, I LOVE the fact that you can shift programs on the fly with a Chip, "and I do it often". With N20 it's pretty much a must, unless you want to stop, whip out the hand held, and re-flash your computer before you spray some dude at the light, street or strip. Plus a Nitrous Program is absolutely perfect for NON NITROUS Long WOT Parkway Blast, and a safer winter program, I switched mine very often on the fly. It can also be used as a safer street program 24/7 if desired. The big diff in a n20 program is less timing, shorter shift points, and a fatter A/F. For me it's a must due to the extreme cold winters we get here, I use my N20 program 24/7 in winter especially since the factory computer can and will add up to 3 full degrees of timing in cold weather.

I AM NOT TRYING TO PUSH ANYTHING ON YOU, only trying to help
I had 4 chips up to a few weeks ago, Chris got my Chip Master Revolution, I still have a Diablo Sport ("thats the old 2 bank tuning") and I have the Diablo Delta, that "is" 4 bank tuning. I also have a SCT Chip and thats what I'm using now, it has 8 Positions. 4 Diff Custom Tunes, the Stock Computer Setting, and 3 Anti Theft ("truck wont run") positions ; o )

THERE IS NO DIFF between a 4lb Pulley tune and a 6lb Pulley tune, amof most custom Filter Chip N Pulley tunes are good for 2lbs through 6lbs.
I switched back and forth from 4 to 6lbs for 3 full years, sometimes daily, all the time at the track, and the truck ran absolutely flawless in all the very diff set ups I ran.
AND THERE WERE MANY
4lb no n20 w/16 Degree Program
4lb w/ n20 w/16 Degree Program
6lb no n20 w/16 Degree Program
6lb w/ n20 w/16 Degree Program
4lb no n20 w/18 Degree Program
4lb w/ n20 w/18 Degree Program
6lb no n20 w/18 Degree Program
6lb w/ n20 w/18 Degree Program
With or without a Ported Eaton
With or without a Breather
3 Diff Cool Air Induction Systems
Diff Nitrous Systems
Slicks or Street Tires

Pump Gas tuned for 93 octane
17-18 Degrees of Timing for the Gas Program.
15-16 Degrees of Timing for the Nitrous Program.
5800-6000 RPM Rev Limiter,
Torque Reduction turned off
Firm nice shifts, (NO BANGING)
Shift Point is 5500 for Gas
Shift Point is 5250 for Nitrous
A/F's is in the mid 11's for Gas
A/F's is in the low 10's for N20

Tuned for 4 - 6lbs of Pulley, Cool Air Induction, T/B, up to 75hp of Wet Nitrous,
(and anything else you can throw at it using factory injectors and maf)

Stock Factory Setting in one position
All gas Program is the Middle Position
Nitrous Program in the End Position
(I do not have a light, you can add one but honestly dont need one)

The only dyno pull (not dyno tuned) I ever made was this
Look at the A/F, CANT ASK FOR ANY SAFER NITROUS PROGRAM THAN THAT CAN YOU :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool, sounds like you got everything setup just like i need it.....did you have the pcv system turned off? i'd like to just run breathers and do away with all the oil crap. also, what type of plugs are you running and at what gap? i've got denso it22's, but they probably need to be changed and gapped to around .035? anyway, send me your paypal account number and i'll wire the money over. you'll have to either pm me or email me at this address, my old one is screwed up.

[email protected]

thanks rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts