Lightning Rodder banner

201 - 220 of 252 Posts

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,506 Posts
Hi there - New guy 69 year old love affair with cars all my life. Last one a 6 year build on a 1969 Chevelle S/S B block 4 spd lost to a huge black bear June 2014. Glad to be here typing away scary experience 9.15 am Father's day saw the bear then we had each other in about 2 seconds can those animals move. The car not repairable so found a 2004 Lightning owned by a 79 year old only 12 thousand kms # 3049 of 3781 built. Only upgrades flowmaster cat back, K&N dry air intake, B&M deep oil trans pan, L&S oil separator, T/A aluminum diff cover, all Amsoil synthetic fluids front to back. I am grateful to be able to join up do not know computers that well but will do my best not to be a bother. Seems like there are a lot of knowledgeable folks in here. Thank you so much for allowing me in, look forward to being part of the site. Enjoy each day it is a gift cheers tim
Why should you feel like you're bothering anyone? Every one of us was new to these trucks at one time or another. I still have questions to ask, and I've owned two. Ask away. There are not too many on this site who will criticize you for asking a question. A few might tell you to do a search. It rarely works well, and I don't do it often. Search is a PITA. Just ask, someone will answer.

I just recently put a TA cover on mine, and I've had it going on seven years. Really nice part. Holds more oil than the factory cover. Makes draining it and filling it easy as cake.

Sorry to hear about the Chevelle. Must have been one big mean old bear. :ahhhh :scared003

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello all! Just bought a 2001 black Lightning a couple of days ago and I love it. I live in san antonio, hopefully i can see some more L's around. I'm looking forward to getting it looking new again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all, new member to the site. Just kinda getting back into the Lightning again. Haven't done too much recently. Looking to add some more goodies again. Bought my 2001 Red L back in '01 new & did a bunch of stuff then, but don't really get to drive a whole bunch. Only got 16,114 on it as of today. Put my new wheels and tires back on today and did a complete detail, so that got me pumped. Was 70 degrees here in Buffalo today, so it was nice to get out with it again. Too bad snow is once again in the forecast.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys

Im RCS from Norway. Just got my second Lightning 2.gen. This time a gray 2003mod with low milage. Its maby 10yrs since my first Lightning. This one im having som plans for and thats also why im here to learn and share :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone ,Just thought I would introduce myself. Have been a lurker for sometime ,lots of great info here thats been very helpful. Drive a 2002 HD Truck, Motor stock,Punisher VB. 105,000 miles. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, new to the Ford community and the Ford lightnings.
I will be purchasing an 04 that is located in Illinois right now and looking forward to picking her up in 3 weeks and driving back down to Texas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys I'm Vinnie. If all goes as planned I'll have a beautiful sonic blue lightning tomorrow. New to lightnings but not to ford. My baby is an 89 mustang GT with a 5.0 and a 5 speed for now. Lightning is gonna be replacing my daily which is an 04 Bmw M3 convetible. I wish I could keep it but don't have space for 3 cars when I barely have space for 2. Anyways like I said, I'm new to lightnings so I will be posting and asking for advise a lot lol. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
whats up everybody,is Edwin from miami florida,the sunny place for shady people lol, i just got my second lightning,a 2004 totally stock one and i'm the second owner, first one was a silver 2000 model over 10 years ago,i fix cars for a living so i can't wait to do a few bolt ons on it,love this site is full of great info.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi, New to site. This site is the best site for lightning owners bar none. I added a 2004, DSG, #2015, born on feb 17 2004, In early September to my Ford collection. The truck was bought new in Calgary Alberta. By the looks of things has been pampered all its life. It has its second set of tires on it, which are dry rotted from sitting. (lots of tread left). I have changed all fluids, trans, diff, brake, steering, ect.... Installed a complete Stifflers set up, with longbars and driveshaft loop, JTL cold air, magnaflow, ported eaton with 2.80 top pully, Areoforce, a/f, gauges, tires soon. thanks for having me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello, I am Santos, I've stumbled across this site in search of other 2nd gen lighting owners to learn the do's and don'ts . I've recently purchased an 2002 true blue lightning aka Barbara, and I intend to put a bit more pep in her step in the near future. For the most part the truck is stock with no engine modifications although it does have a cold air intake, no kitties, and a flow master. Surprisingly the truck was in great shape considering its spent its life in Michigan, which leads me to believe it spent most of its time on the road during the better portions of the summer. I currently reside in Michigan, but I am originally from the Lone Star State. Looking forward to learn from those who have been down this road, and am excited to be a part of the forum. I appreciate the add!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

New to the site, not to Lightnings. Owned my 04 since 05, best buy ever. Currently sits a little over 50,000 miles, went cross the USA twice, once from WA state to SC. Not my daily, have mustangs for that. Currently I live in the Seattle area, but my L is in Kansas. Will be moving this summer. Looking for the next LFest.

Billy

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Hello,

New to the site, not to Lightnings. Owned my 04 since 05, best buy ever. Currently sits a little over 50,000 miles, went cross the USA twice, once from WA state to SC. Not my daily, have mustangs for that. Currently I live in the Seattle area, but my L is in Kansas. Will be moving this summer. Looking for the next LFest.

Billy
SVTOA Rendezvous. Griot's Garage. Tacoma Wa. May 21

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello everyone
My father in law has a F150 harley davidson edition My 2000.
We live in the French West Indies.
We planed to customise the truck
Glad to be there

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Folks, it's getting more and more important to get in touch with the Lightning people to get the real scoop on the performance products and services to make sure my truck bangs out some real #'s at the track. I've exhausted all the so called SCT custom tuners in Toronto, Canada, I'm looking for this tech service that can be accessed over the internet, I have, at my disposal a chassis dyno with wifi connectivity. Any referrals will be appreciated.

Cheers,

2000 F150 5.4

201 - 220 of 252 Posts