Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It weighed 4572lbs w/a 1/2 tank of gas and me *not* in it.

Just thought it was an interesting fact to share.   Anybody else have "full street" weights? (Only thing taken off my truck at this weight is the hitch)

Rich

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
That sounds about right Rich

I remember driving on the Scale at Eng Town and seeing 48 something. I forget, maybe 4879. I have that big ass thick Rubber Bed Mat, got to weigh over 50 lbs, maybe more. Then @ 30 lbs for my Bottle and Bracket (at the time), and my 180 lbs of fat ass, and all the crap in my cab, (I never empty that, BUT SHOULD, prob a good 20lb's plus of tools)

Just about 300lbs more, it all adds up....

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That weight reflects me dropping 115lbs this last winter.

IMO it's just a reality check. Over the years I'll take off weight here and there. I think the seat tracks are next. Bet there is 20lbs there..?

Rich

·
Registered
348 Posts
i need to put the L on a diet. i know there is a lot of stuff on her that is unneeded.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ra1nmakr,

I started the winter off with thinking I saw about 250lbs that could be removed w/o effecting function. Well.. it was much tougher than I thought is was going to be! And I only came away with 115lbs too. :sad:

Rich

·
Administrator
18,554 Posts
I have noticed a performance gain when losing
weight on these trucks, but not as great as on
previously owned performance vehicles.
The old standby of 100lbs=.1 sec was fairly
accurate for my 69 Camaro with a smallblock
at et levels ranging from 13s down to low 11s
but the torque we make seem to minimize the
importance of light weights. I bet it takes at least
150-160 lbs to get that tenth.
Overall I have decided it is not worth hacking
the truck up as long as I am using it on the street.
Only basic simple removal of weight for me.
Jim

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My goal is to keep it fully functional and driveable on the street.  Basicly I want to use it as a pickup... and if the average guy walked by in the staging lanes? I'd want him to think it was just a stock Lighting with some wheels on it. ;)

Rich

·
El duderino
13,077 Posts
mine is right under 5000. that is with me in it along with 1/2 tank, a huge subwoofer box, and tonneau cover. oh yeah, nothing has been removed (i have used the spare and hitch too much to take them off)

·
Registered
348 Posts
wydopnthrtl said:
ra1nmakr,

I started the winter off with thinking I saw about 250lbs that could be removed w/o effecting function.  Well.. it was much tougher than I thought is was going to be!  And I only came away with 115lbs too.  :sad:

Rich
i already took out the "behind seat" box, that had to go to fit "something else" (not speakers, all performance), i am going to take out the spare tire, and i am unsure of the hitch, i might still need that. other then that i would have to go into a lot of research to find other things to take off and still consider it usable as a DD.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
4500# without me in it. JLP fiberglass springs. Hitch, spare removed and just under a half tank.

This was done prior to header's and built engine, might have lost a little weight there. Those Cats were probably 35-40 pounds each side!!
Bryan

·
Registered
427 Posts
Mine was 4895 with me, a little less than 1/2 tank of fuel, in full street trim with only the rear slicks instead of my factory wheels on it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My friend weighed his 1990 Chevy C1500 with a Caddy front clip, hitch, spare tire, subs, etc etc and all with him in it (He's over 200lbs) and it came out to 4100 even.
I was amazed. Thats how he pushes that 383 stroker to low 12s high 11 ETs without a S/C...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not as much substance in a chevy.. [smilie=ughug.gif]

Rich

1 - 16 of 16 Posts