·
Administrator
88 Posts

·
Cogswell Cogs
3,384 Posts
it’s only easier for the advertisements
Yeah, probably so.
Between Privacy Badger and UBlock I don't see any ads..
This is a few that have been trying to "get in"..

ajax.googleapis.com
deployads.com
googletagmanager.com
googletagservices.com
platforum.cloud

Also, this new platform has rendered viewing this site totally useless on my cell phone.

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,543 Posts
Nobody on our end deleted the images, I only see one there now and no links or uploaded attachments.

Did you upload them or have them hosted?

Jeff M
hosted in a thread here on LR

yeah, y’all limited the number of we could upload so we had to do it that way, if I edit the post from TapaTalk I can see the links for where the pics used to be

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,543 Posts
@AG Jeff

now I can’t edit it at all, but the missing pics show up as broken links on the tapatalk side
IMG_9098.jpg

so what’s y’alls plan @ModAdmin to repair these threads???

·
Administrator
88 Posts
hosted in a thread here on LR

yeah, y’all limited the number of we could upload so we had to do it that way, if I edit the post from TapaTalk I can see the links for where the pics used to be
Gotcha,

Can you get me the link for the images or where you have them uploaded?

Also if you send me the image in a PM aka Conversion we can re-upload them in the first post for you.

Jeff M

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,543 Posts
Gotcha,

Also if you send me the image in a PM aka Conversion we can re-upload them in the first post for you.

Jeff M
how about y’all just fix what y’alls “designer” failed the users on, it’s great y’all are showing more ads but at the expense of the forums users

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just saying, y'all really nailed this whole design and transition. It was clearly well thought out, y'all took all the precautions to retain all the data, listened to what your community wanted, etc ? everyone seems to be very satisfied ?

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,543 Posts
Gotcha,

Jeff M

@AG Jeff and @ModAdmin
when I redo all my “how to” articles, what’s in it for me to repost them here? just so in a year or so down the road y’all at AutoGuide can delete the pics again to cater to advertisers at the expense of the Forum Users????

·
Stiffler's guinea pig
6,604 Posts
The "How To" articles/pics are part of the foundation of this site for the Lightning and HD enthusiasts. If those are gone....well holy crap... Stoffer, I think I'll be looking to another site to move my build lists. Probably NLOC....

·
2.9 Whipple E85R A1 Transmission
10,773 Posts
Lightning Rodder lost a bunch of members a few years ago with the password reset, Now this...
It's like going from Windows 7 to Windows 8 and we all know how that went...

You made it should like you were changing ISP, Not changing from vBulletin to XenForo.
Hope you don't do this to Yellow Bullet, Like JJ the Boss says, off with your head!

·
11 second street truck
10,332 Posts
Mustang6G has the same software and has the same alerts feature, along with a tab at the top to view new posts, without having to scroll all the way to the bottom

·
Administrator
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
@AG Jeff and @ModAdmin maybe one you can explain why y'all deleted these pics for the write up https://www.lightningrodder.com/threads/how-to-fuel-system-band-aid.389817/#post-5370041 in this thread alone countless others are missing pics as well now

I can't even edit the post to fix it...
Did the photos go missing at the cut over or before then? Where they uploaded as attachments or did you host them somewhere else? Posted with tapatalk maybe? There are a number of reasons they could be missing but without knowing where they where originally uploaded to I cant easily answer what happened to them of if its me that can easily repair this.
-Philip

·
Administrator
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
It's a new format they said... it'll be easier to use they said... new features they said...you're going to like they said..
They should've followed that old rule, "If it ain't broke.. DON'T FIX IT"........
And if it was lacking security, speed and the ability to maintain the site's growth I can see reasons it would have needed to be updated. Preventative maintenance goes a long way to keep things from breaking beyond repair.
-Philip

·
local painter
2,864 Posts
And if it was lacking security, speed and the ability to maintain the site's growth I can see reasons it would have needed to be updated. Preventative maintenance goes a long way to keep things from breaking beyond repair.
-Philip

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,777 Posts
Looks like NLOC is being revived while I type. LOL!!!!

Kenny! I love that! ROFLMAO!!!

Sadly, that's where this site is headed. ;-(

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,483 Posts
idk I see a lot of complaining about some simple changes and looks/layouts that people are just stuck in their ways. It's different yes, but is it that bad? I don't see the changes as any different than any time the forums update, which they have since the dawn of the internet. I can recount threads just like this from fordtruckworld, f150online, NLOC, NHTOC, and even LR before, where the forum software was updated and everyone is OMG it sucks go back! If that were the case, we'd still be on vbulletin1.0 or whatever the very first one was lol.

Are there improvements needed? Absolutely, give the feedback and hopefully AG can make the changes. I see one big one, that's the page width. I use a laptop for this site, and the narrow field is annoying. Apparently guys are saying SVTP uses the same sw and has full width text on the page, so ModAdmin please make that change here.

I also don't like how old posts that had attachments, are now thumbnails to click thru. I believe I read it correctly that attached images can be inserted full size, but that's for going forward. It'd be nice if the old posts with attached images would default to being inserted full size, as that's how they were originally posted. Nobody likes the thumbnail view....ever lol.

Also, where is the button I click to take me to the last new unread post in a favorite/followed thread? I keep being taken to the 1st post 1st page. I only want to jump right to what I haven't read yet. Tips? I'm sure I'm just missing it.

And could be the anti-ad SW on my laptop, but I'm not seeing any ads.

Also, are some folks using tapatalk and griping about that format? That could be another kink in the mix for how things are being displayed.

Lastly, I may be bias, but I do like the new banner at the top lol. Altho it did throw me off seeing my truck in ModAdmin's avatar pic haha

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,543 Posts
Did the photos go missing at the cut over or before then? Where they uploaded as attachments or did you host them somewhere else? Posted with tapatalk maybe? There are a number of reasons they could be missing but without knowing where they where originally uploaded to I cant easily answer what happened to them of if its me that can easily repair this.
-Philip
how many times am I required to answer the same quesion? they were uploaded here, on Lightning Rodder

they worked till y’all butchered I mean “upgraded” the site

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,543 Posts
so now, I’m just going to talk with @AG Jeff so I can deal with the same indivual

lets address the editing of posts

kinda ruins a “how to” if you can’t go back and make a couple changes, add updated part numbers etc...

·
Registered
66 Posts
@ModAdmin Another smallish thing that I noticed and I don't think anyone has brought up yet (or maybe I missed it), is that the people that had gifs as their avatar pics... well it no longer gifs. It's just a still image. @Certified Drunk and @junioRace are the first two that come to mind, but there were tons of users that had this and now it's a still image. In light of all the other changes that were made this is not a huge deal, but quite aggravating, being that nothing was supposed to change other than the design. I doesn't affect me but I just thought I would mention it for those that it did effect. I guess you can add it to the long list you seem to be compiling.

·
local painter
2,864 Posts
@Arps88 gif avatar pic is depressing now.

101 - 120 of 350 Posts