Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Divergent
13,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure this isnt a prob for all you garaged Ls but how about the other rides...what do you do to get the water spots off the glass? My buddys got a truck and the windows are tinted dark so the stains stand out bad...we tried "bioclean" which usually worked on all my other trucks but it wouldnt even touch the sh*t on his glass. Idk it could be fallout from the chemical plants around here.
suggestions?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Ive got it on my 2 back door windows and all across he sliding rear window on my superduty. Ive tried every bathroom lime cleaner, steel wool, vinegar, and acetone. Ive thought about hitting it with my da and some megs 105 but its been to hot outside.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Claybar it or try Megs #105/#205.

Jim

·
Dual Money Pits
4,504 Posts
if the glass is actually etched from the minerals its gonna have to be polished out or replaced

·
tuned by JJ @ WMS
8,864 Posts
can you explain on the water stains please. maybe some pix. not sure on what your talking about

·
Divergent
13,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if the glass is actually etched from the minerals its gonna have to be polished out or replaced
I was wondering if it could be polished with some sort of compound just like the rest of the vehicle. I just didn't know how that'd work on glass.

can you explain on the water stains please. maybe some pix. not sure on what your talking about

I dont have any water stains on my truck :smt023 so i cant post pics.

But I do detail work on the weekends for cash and alot of my customers have bad water spots on their glass. Ill post a pic of my buddys truck to explain.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Megs #4 has the largest abrasives from megs I believe and works very well at getting tough spots off glass. I have also used 105 and 85 with great results. Try a little with a terry cloth they seem to bite alot more then microfiber and foam pads. A wool pad on the rotary is really the way to go, I also have used a cutting cream I believe from strata that was super aggressive and made quick work of some spots on a glass patio table.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
I too have been working on getting hard water stains off my rear and side windows. I've been testing different methods. I used a recommended mix of vinegar and baking soda (into a runny paste) and buffed the glass out with a sponge. It helped a lot, but not perfect. I need to go back over it again, because I've only done it once. Prior to applying the vinegar / baking soda mix, I wiped the windows down with lemon juice.

If I can't get the results I want, I may look into using the polishing compounds mentioned in this post.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I know it sounds dumb, but I had a friend who had a Tahoe that sat for 4 months getting hit with the hard water from sprinklers. I thought the paint was etched, and nothing would take it off (tried clay bar, polishes, etc) but the solution? Limeaway... yes it works but be careful with it. It will take the worst spots off

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.