Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have an 02 and I'm looking for either a 20' 2004 style or something similar to the us mags rambler or something in a concave 5 spoke

almost nothing fits our trucks.What size wheel spacers can I get without my front and back wheels sticking out past the fenders?

·
10 second street truck
11,823 Posts
In the front I think you can run a half an inch to a 1 inch spacer. I know in the back you can get by with an inch to an inch and a half before the wheels stick out very far. You can run wheel spacers that are adapters so that you can run a different bolt pattern also

·
Registered
941 Posts
I think im gona get a set of 20x10 trq thrust 2s here soon. Its the only wheel i like the looks of that doesnt cost 3k on up. Priced some yesterday for 1300 with free lug nuts and free shipping to my door. They are a 5 spoke wheel and polished aluminum. Not to heavy considering what 03-04 20 inch reps weight. I think im gona have em clear powder coated also so the finish will last longer without having to constantly polish em.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Prowheel jetv was my next choice. Just fyi but, they are double the price.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Those are both good looking wheels, simple, classic, and will look good on the Lightning (not many wheels really do).
Please post pics when you get everything worked out and mounted!

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,786 Posts
Here is a link to the company that makes proper wheel adapters. They are billet, not cast. Stay away from cast, they can break and then hold on for that ride. I have two 1.5's on the back of mine since I have stock rims widened to 12.5 inches, have to use them to keep the rims off all the stuff behind them.

·
Registered
356 Posts
They also make both the 99/00 and newer style repro Lightning wheels in size 20x9. I bought newer style in chrome and payed less than $200/ea. Mine also fit big brakes!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Just saw lmr is doin repos in staggered 20x9/10s in 03-04 style.

Reactions: GAGT

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's kewl that LMR is making 20 x 10's now, will open up more tire options for us. I'm running 20 x 9.5 SM's and love them, nitto 275/40 fronts and 305/35 rear tires.

·
Registered
123 Posts
same as a torque thrust but ACTUALLY avaliable in 5x135..if you find the right dealer with the 5x135 bolt pattern listed
(not shown here sorry but now you know what to look for
can be had in 15 inch , 17 maybe , and 20 inch ..FOR SURE !!

eagle aloys wheels .. they use the same style bolt on center caps which can be swaped for a Shelby center cap if you can find 'em
from a 'this century" shelby
intended to buy a set so I already have the caps..

7b780bbd-3db7-4c72-9d15-056f2ef013fc.jpg

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I’ve got these bad boys I’m gonna be installing as soon as I get my engine back and gaylords tonneau cover painted and some other stuff painted too. Very excite lol
4B230D15-8CF7-4DBF-90ED-77FCC9B412FF.jpeg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alright boys.... This has been great info.... I am looking at either prowheels, billet specialties OR getting wheel spacers which would make getting wheels WAY cheaper...

If I go wheel spacers from what has been posted I need .5-1inch max in front and 1-1.5inch in rear max... BEFORE the wheels stick out too far.... IS THAT CORRECT?

My other question is what backspace do I need to get? If I get spacers (.5-1.5 depending on front or back) what offset do I need in order to NOT stick out past the fenders???

Thank you Gentlemen!

Consolidating info thus far for available choices for our Lightning's....
https://www.leerodgerstire.net (has a few in 5X135... the least expensive so far)
Intro Wheels - Intro Wheels | Intro Wheels (my understanding is TRUE FORGED wheels came from intro)
Classic Pro Touring Billet Wheels | Pro Wheels Norwalk CA (420-520 per wheel... I am liking this option so far the best)
Billet Specialties | Home (700-2000 per wheel)
BC Forged North America | Forged Aluminum Wheels (just reached out to these guys to see how much and what options are avail)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I’ve got these bad boys I’m gonna be installing as soon as I get my engine back and gaylords tonneau cover painted and some other stuff painted too. Very excite lol View attachment 543785
NICE!!! I have been looking at those too.... My truck is silver so I was thinking about leaving them silver?

How much was the bed cover? I need one of those too?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
NICE!!! I have been looking at those too.... My truck is silver so I was thinking about leaving them silver?

How much was the bed cover? I need one of those too?
Love the staggered setup man! I got my 15 bogarts D10s for when we go racing 😎

I love the silver on black! But silver on silver is awesome combo for that color.

The bed cover is actually silver! I’m going to be repainting True Blue. I got it in a trade with a friend of mine. I gave him my set of widened 01-02 factory wheels. 11in wide in the rear. Tires are in good shape still. They needed to be touched up and one wheel up front has a dent but doesn’t affect it. I dented that one wheel when I totaled my white lightning in Mexico. The tire didn’t explode tho! Awesome tires. Nt555 G2s

1 - 20 of 22 Posts