Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I accidentally ur mom
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else waiting for their Trickflow Heads?

Apparently they are having problems getting the Aluminum for their Cams.

Its getting close to a MONTH since we ordered my Trackheat Package.

IT STILL HASNT SHIPPED cause of the Cams.

GETTING REALLLLLLLY FRUSTRATED.

·
I accidentally ur mom
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Their customer service seems about as good as MMRs.... Good luck man, keep us posted.
My MMR block came in 1.5 week AFTER I paid for it. I feel like cancelling and calling JJ for monster PI

·
My junk is SOLD!!!!!
2,260 Posts
Wow, mine took 4 months to come in, then had to come back out of the truck with 3000 miles, it was quite an experience.

·
I accidentally ur mom
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, mine took 4 months to come in, then had to come back out of the truck with 3000 miles, it was quite an experience.
I got lucky. They had one assembled and the guy backed out or his finances did not go through...they shipped me that one. Plus they were in the middle of their move...so they HAD to ship the assembled block out of their old spot.

:bigtu

·
Registered
482 Posts

I'm with you..... I'm not naming any vendors but mine have been on order since March. They are finally arriving today on UPS. What I was told by the person I got mine from, which I've never seen one bad comment about and that does A LOT of the mustang stuff, he says the castings were crap. When he started to port my set, 2 big chunks of aluminum flew out and he ended up having to get them replaced. There were air pockets in the heads. He also said the heads were very porous, not the greates castings he had seen. He also said he had to re-do something on the valves, because they weren't up to the quality he would send out. He mentioned TF recently switched their casting supplier which would account for their issues.

All of this goes in line with the same problem I had when I tried to order TF valve covers from a separate vendor, TF kept saying they were having trouble getting castings. I finally cancelled that order after about a month.

I think TF may be right behind MMR, taking on too much and having casting or supplier issues.

·
I accidentally ur mom
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm with you..... I'm not naming any vendors but mine have been on order since March. They are finally arriving today on UPS. What I was told by the person I got mine from, which I've never seen one bad comment about and that does A LOT of the mustang stuff, he says the castings were crap. When he started to port my set, 2 big chunks of aluminum flew out and he ended up having to get them replaced. There were air pockets in the heads. He also said the heads were very porous, not the greates castings he had seen. He also said he had to re-do something on the valves, because they weren't up to the quality he would send out. He mentioned TF recently switched their casting supplier which would account for their issues.

All of this goes in line with the same problem I had when I tried to order TF valve covers from a separate vendor, TF kept saying they were having trouble getting castings. I finally cancelled that order after about a month.

I think TF may be right behind MMR, taking on too much and having casting or supplier issues.
I spoke to a TF rep yesterday and he admitted that the Aluminum they got for the cams were not up to their standards and sent them back...and that ALOT of people are waiting on these cams.

Now we are waiting for another shipment of Aluminum...

What I am afraid of is they might just hurry up the process and ship a SHIT product.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts

Must be something new out................Ive never seen aluminum cams before

·
Dual Money Pits
4,504 Posts
seems like everything in the fcuking world is having issues...its all back ordered or major QC issues...wtf

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Come on bro, I've been running aluminum cams since 93'
[smilie=dr[/QUOTE]

That aint nuttin....I run a rubber cam....the faster you go the bigger it gets.
It's one a them centrifugal cams....starts out a stage 1/2 and ends up a stg 3 1/4

·
105's Coming Soon!!!
2,359 Posts
I spoke to a TF rep yesterday and he admitted that the Aluminum they got for the cams were not up to their standards and sent them back...and that ALOT of people are waiting on these cams.

Now we are waiting for another shipment of Aluminum...

What I am afraid of is they might just hurry up the process and ship a SHIT product.
There probably getting the aluminum from China. Quality control doesnot exist over there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
11 Participants
fishin-nole
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing