Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Viper 791XV for the L.
I also purchased a glass,proximity and tilt and battery back up sensor.
I think It was a good deal on ebay...All brand new still in box. They said it
retails for $599.99 I got it for $189.99 and paid around $110.00 for all the sensors.
Does anyone else have this alarm/sensors?
I was just curious what your views of it and the prices are.
I'll update once installed.
Credit Card company is gonna kill me!!!!! :sad:

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Never been a big fan of the Viper alarms much. I would of suggested a Clifford alarm. They have some bad ass options for there alarm setups. I will be getting one of those soon If I decide to keep my Alpine Deck and upgrade my stero more.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow i'm a dumbass!!! I've had my alarm installed for 2 months and I forgot to update :smt021 :smt021

The alarm is great,the sensors haven't falsed that much. My only complaint is the max distance between the
pager and the alarm. It seems like at times it'll work a decent distance(25' away) and others I have to get within 5' of it. I guess when all is said and done it's just "mental security".

99BlackBeast I think Clifford and Viper are the same...they are all DEI,I could be wrong though.

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
I don't think they are either but then again I may be wrong. I had a alarm on my GT and it had remote start and all that crap. The paging system had a mile or so radius on it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn...1 mile? Mabye the area I work in could have interferance(sp?)
but that's not bad at all. How long did your battery in the transmitter last? I'm replacing mine once a month.

·
Project Dirty Dog
6,747 Posts
Yeah the battery's don't last that long, I too found my self replaceing them ocne a month but well worth it in my opion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts