Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well spent the past two days helping with my wrap for the truck. My work does wraps. It is pretty much done have to get the mirror covers on they had to be wrapped again. I am going to be changing the wheels out tomorrow to some OEM 01-02 wheels that I plastidipped matte black.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
AntiSocial
660 Posts
What does a wrap like that normally cost? Just discovered the previous owner put on a shitty paint job, with no clear, and it’s chipping, so rather than repainting again maybe wrapping is an option.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My work does wraps so I bought the vinyl and had one of the guys do it as a side job with me helping so hard to say what actual cost on mine would be. My work would have charged around 3000 for this kind of wrap. Takes two people right at 20 hours to do it with prep and removal of parts and reinstall and then materials.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the paint underneath is not smooth you will notice it when wrapped just so you know. So if the paint is not in good shape I would recommend painting personally.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That crazy!!!!! I was just talking to a buddy of mine about wrapping my Lightning that same exact color. That looks great!!!!

now I have what it would look like if i did go thru with it. 👍🏽

·
Registered
379 Posts
That crazy!!!!! I was just talking to a buddy of mine about wrapping my Lightning that same exact color. That looks great!!!!

now I have what it would look like if i did go thru with it. 👍🏽
Can we see inside the doors, is there wrapped too, and engine bay

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can we see inside the doors, is there wrapped too, and engine bay
I still have to do the inside of the doors the outside took longer than expected so doing that soon. I did not do under the hood and not planning to do anything there at this time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks like you need to catch under the doors better and it will be to go for a while like that. Is this the truck that was white with the flames?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like you need to catch under the doors better and it will be to go for a while like that. Is this the truck that was white with the flames?
That is the inside of the doors which has not been done yet as previously mentioned I am sure it will last many years for me being stored inside and not driven in the rain or exposed to the sun. It was white with flames yes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts